Flush stands

manthing

Please excuse my ignorance, still new to this. What are these. I shoot mainly what I think is sporting ie you stand in a "stand" shout pull and the clays are shot, hopefully lol. 

What are flush stands, I might go to a charity shoot in a couple of weeks and they have 30 on "Standard traps" and 25 on "Flush Stands". Just wondering what I'm letting mesen in for. 

Tia. 

A `flush` is supposed to simulate a flush (or group) of Pheasants being driven over a small team of Guns, usually 4, but a fun day could be for an individual or a team of 2.

A flush will consist of (for example) anything up to 100 or more clays thrown in groups over the line of guns by several traps. Its not just a challenge of marksmanship but of gun handling and swift re-loading. There also needs to be a good understanding in the team of who shoots what, to prevent members in the team all shooting at the same `bird`. The knack is to never have all the team wth empty guns at the same time. The release of the clays is usually in groups rather than a solid stream, giving Guns a few seconds to re-load but periodically a sneaky single follows a group which is desgned to catch out the team who are desperatly trying to re-load. Good fun to watch particulary an experienced team who have practised together. Also geat sport to take part in but you need some friends to form a team and a bit of practice and understanding of how you are going to take the `birds`. An individual flush will consist of groups of 2 to 3 or single clays being driven over the Gun to see how many of the 25 you can kill.

Edited by JJsDad