London Terror incident

Rewulf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, walshie said:

If there was a 1% chance this wasn't terror-related, there's no way he would have been charged with terrorism offences. I don't know why everyone tries to play down incidents like this as to "losing control of the car", "mental health issues" etc etc. 

Not all these wannabe jihadists can get hold of guns and explosives, so copycatting the previous car attacks is the best they can hope for. 

We live in a dangerous world and trying to sugar coat everything to make it sound less so and trying frantically to find any other reason than terrorism is futile IMO.

If Khan can't mangle the facts to make out it was something else,  then that says it all. 

You know what Sir....... I respect your opinion and take what you say on board.

15 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If you watch the video carefully, after he swerves past the ambulance, he mounts the reservation and crosses over it, there are cyclists all over the road, he hit about 5 , putting 3 in hospital.
Now you can say he didnt mean to kill anybody, but when you run someone over in a car, even at low speeds, can you guarantee you wont ?
A ton of car and someones head or neck, you know whos going to lose dont you?
Or did he 'carefully' run them over ?

Don’t you just hate it as an Uber driver chasing a ‘fare’ down, when TomTom at the last second tells you to turn left.......

2 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Don’t you just hate it as an Uber driver chasing a ‘fare’ down, when TomTom at the last second tells you to turn left.......

? Good job no serious injuries, or that would definitely be a too sooner !

I dont know if any of you have walked around London much lately, but the anti terror bollards/walls are literally all over the place, its a sign of the times, and in this case, a good thing.
Trent Bridge in Nottingham even has them, as there are large football crowds and the occasional festival.

'Part and parcel of living in a large city'

I work in London and to be honest there are so many disgruntled people in this City that its only a question of time before some people snap.

It's past midway through the year, so this has to be up there with a chance in "Dumbest Post of the Year".

Edited by Gordon R

2 hours ago, Romes said:

The police did not immediately restrain the driver nor drag him out of the car (from the video i saw) which seems to indicate that the driver was not a threat.

There were a few hurt (mainly cyclists) none of which were badly hurt.

Besides a Ford Fiesta is not going to do that much damage prior to being a wreck.

Poor execution, planning and result = not terrorist related in my opinion, then again I could be wrong.

I preferred this one myself ?

35 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It's past midway through the year, so this has to be up there with a chance in "Dumbest Post of the Year".

Thank you for those few kind words, I have the honor of relieving you (temporarily I may add) of the trophy!

29 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I preferred this one myself ?

Glad you enjoyed it too! Maybe you can be the runner up next time.

Edited by Romes

Just now, Romes said:

Its pretty self explanatory....

Thank you for those few kind words, I have the honor of revealing you (temporarily i may add) of the trophy!

It took me a while ,but I think you mean 'relieving' not revealing.

Shovel and hole comes to mind . 

1 minute ago, Rewulf said:

It took me a while ,but I think you mean 'relieving' not revealing.

Shovel and hole comes to mind . 

I would like to nominate myself for Muppet of 2018 please.

Thank you for the correction, sadly trying to do this on my phone is not working very well.

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

STOP digging!:lol:

Where did i put that JCB......