London Terror incident

Rewulf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Romes said:

Yes 100% hands up, User Error / failure, sorry all but at least you had a laugh at my expense :)

All part of the fun, at least you didn't do it like some do, just to cause a reaction.

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

? Dont let it put you off the forum, Ive seen worse !

Keep posting, it makes the day go faster.

Driving back tonight about 10oclock listening to it on the news the story gets more bizarre, the police are "still treating it as a terrorist incident but they are keeping an open mind" I take that to mean he was not a terrorist but may have been some sort of fruitcake instead

My bet is on fruitcake at the moment. Would a serious terrorist drive a ford Fiesta at a barrier designed to stop a full on lorry and do it when the place is empty? 

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Police now looking for the transit van that also crossed the line but drove off.

Interesting. Was our man a decoy for the main attack, called off last minute because of the police response.

Edited by Penelope

A Sudanese refugee granted asylum, with the Home Office looking into irregularities with his British Citizenship which he probably gained with false documents, known to local police and kicked out of Uni for being thick. I hope he gets banged up for a long, long time then deported on the day he is released. 

15 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Deport straight away - why should we pay to keep him in prison?

Because he deserves to rot on prison for a long time first. Being sent back home is no punishment for someone who obviously hates the country that took him in so much. 

Well, what I would prefer would have neither 'in prison costs', nor deportation costs, as I personally think people caught 'red handed' (i.e. where there can be no doubt) in terrorism acts should face the death penalty, but we don't have that.  I was actually thinking of deporting to serve his term in Somalia IN JAIL.

41 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So just why are this man and his brother and how many others in this country with British citizenship?

We are paying for this scum to then attack us in our own land!

Yep, the enemy used to have to parachute into countries, or sneak ashore at night. Nowadays they just fly over, claim asylum and are given everything.

The enemy within.

I agree with JohnfromUk in as far as a 5p rimfire round behind the ear would be a cheaper alternative to prison, but how do you know they would serve time in prison if we sent them home? If deportation was all these animals were faced with when caught, they'd be running us over daily. 

43 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So just why are this man and his brother and how many others in this country with British citizenship?

That is the million pound question so to speak.

No one who isn't born in the UK to UK parent/parents should have UK Citizenship. UK Residence, yes but Citizenship, no

12 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

That is the million pound question so to speak.

No one who isn't born in the UK to UK parent/parents should have UK Citizenship. UK Residence, yes but Citizenship, no

I'm not sure I understand how either 'citizenship' or 'residence' would have prevented what happened.

16 minutes ago, Scully said:

I'm not sure I understand how either 'citizenship' or 'residence' would have prevented what happened.

Neither can I. From what we see around the world the terrorists come from all back grounds many home grown born and bred. 

20 minutes ago, Scully said:

It wouldn't.

It comes down to whether being protected as a Citizen or not. For example, if the hundreds of so called British Citizens that went to fight for Isis didn't have Citizenship but only Residence status, would they be allowed back or would their residence status have been revoked?

49 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

It wouldn't.

It comes down to whether being protected as a Citizen or not. For example, if the hundreds of so called British Citizens that went to fight for Isis didn't have Citizenship but only Residence status, would they be allowed back or would their residence status have been revoked?

I see what you mean, but I don’t know either. 

32 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

He should never have been in this country!

Ah, right. 

35 minutes ago, walshie said:

I think what people are trying to say (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that we have plenty of homegrown raving nutjobs without importing others from elsewhere.

Too true but I think we need ways to stop growing so many 'raving nut jobs :lol:' from within. It's hard to understand how so many from at least half decent back grounds go feral.