PETA pillocks

Benthejockey

Morons at it again spreading lies and rumour because they don’t like something they’re not involved in. 105000 people signed a peta petition to petition the government to form a regulatory body to monitor the welfare of racehorses. Previously a similar petition that received 10000 signatures was rebuffed by the government who said it wasn’t their place to interfere with a regulatory body that already strives for the highest levels of animal welfare. The attrition rate of race horses is 0.2%. What does that mean in real money you ask? Of the 14000 racehorses currently in training 28 died. 28! One year I personally took 7 horses to the kennels to be put down. Field injuries kill more horses than ever die racing. It’s a joke that these stupid wasters with nothing better to do have a platform to voice their vitriol!!! Rant over. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, CharlieT said:

Yet another ruddy petition aimed at attracting brain dead keyboard warriors to exercise their finger with a simple click of the mouse. 

What really gets me is that 95% of those signing wouldn't know what a racehorse was if it bit them on the bum.

thats the thing its so easy for people to click on something their sent a link to, 60 seconds and then forget about it.

It really grates on me because of all the equestrian stuff that goes on racing would be the most regulated and have the least amount of cruelty attached to it. Did you know that they no longer are allowed to shoot horses on the course in the event of fatal injury they have to be injected. Because the anti brigade have attached such a stigma to it. Really ****** me off. 

27 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

It really grates on me because of all the equestrian stuff that goes on racing would be the most regulated and have the least amount of cruelty attached to it. Did you know that they no longer are allowed to shoot horses on the course in the event of fatal injury they have to be injected. Because the anti brigade have attached such a stigma to it. Really ****** me off. 

I don't know your thoughts on the injection Ben, but we won't have a horse injected, seen too many get back up again, it's a bullet only here! 

13 minutes ago, Big Mat said:

I don't know your thoughts on the injection Ben, but we won't have a horse injected, seen too many get back up again, it's a bullet only here! 

It’s not for me. I could probably work it out but I know squeeze, bang, dead is a damn sight quicker than an injection. Never had one injected and never would by choice. In the same vain I’d never let anyone at the kennels I didn’t trust shoot one either because I don’t want to see some one stamped to death because they’ve missed! The best bloke I’ve ever seen shoot a horse now hunts the Cotswold hounds. Very patient and quiet even with a horrible one I took to him. 

10 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

Aye its really terrible when someone has a different opinion

It’s not a different opinion it’s an opinion based on lies. I’ve worked in racing for 16 years. I ran my own business for 10. I was in a relationships with a show jumper and an eventer who both were the upper echelon of their profession. The stuff they do to get horses to do what they want is unreal. But no one sees it so it doesn’t happen. 

24 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

So can I ask what you've done about it....or are doing about it?

Despite coming to realise that the quickest way to kill off a thread is to ask the OP or those who are doing the most complaining, what they have done about the things which really **** them off, there comes a time when the question has to be asked, as the time has long since passed where we can simply sit back and do nothing. There is nothing I would like more than to just be able to get on with my shooting without the politics or interference from someone who is adamant that what I'm doing should be stopped, simply because they don't like what I'm doing. I have absolutely no interest in horses or horse racing, but I do have an interest in honesty, and once had a very lengthy debate with someone ( more than one .....they ganged up on me actually, especially after I admitted I was a shooter!  ) on the LACS website ( an awkward and difficult method of discussion as it wasn't a forum as such, like this one ) who had stated their intention to get horse racing/jumping banned. It went round and round for a while, all the time becoming more and more apparent that despite having the horses best interests at heart, they hadn't really thought their proposals through. I asked time and time again what they thought would be the future for horses in the UK if racing and showjumping were banned, until eventually one of them suggested the horses would just be left to live their lives in peace in a field or paddock. They were on the backfoot from that moment on and the discussion eventually dried up as they dropped out one by one.  (Sorry.....return button has stopped working for some reason!) Anyhow, the point I'm trying to make, is that if no one opposes what they know to be false, inaccurate, misleading or a downright lie, then that silence gives it credence, and those who don't know the difference, don't get to know that there is in fact a difference. The fiction becomes fact. So even if your one voice is the only dissenting voice among thousands, at least there is someone somewhere who knows there is an alternative point of view, and possibly the facts they're being told aren't in fact.... facts. A monumental leap I know, but if the holocaust deniers weren't or aren't opposed, there will come a time when more and more people will begin to believe it never happened. The time for sitting back and doing nothing is long gone. 

22 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

It’s not for me. I could probably work it out but I know squeeze, bang, dead is a damn sight quicker than an injection. Never had one injected and never would by choice. In the same vain I’d never let anyone at the kennels I didn’t trust shoot one either because I don’t want to see some one stamped to death because they’ve missed! The best bloke I’ve ever seen shoot a horse now hunts the Cotswold hounds. Very patient and quiet even with a horrible one I took to him. 

It’s not a different opinion it’s an opinion based on lies. I’ve worked in racing for 16 years. I ran my own business for 10. I was in a relationships with a show jumper and an eventer who both were the upper echelon of their profession. The stuff they do to get horses to do what they want is unreal. But no one sees it so it doesn’t happen. 

So what your saying is your the ultimate authourity? right i didnt know that

I’ve sent an email to our MP. He’s a berk but he likes his racing. The local point to point is a good day out for him and his cronies. The politics involved with anything that the greeny dogooder lot don’t like nowadays are just ridiculous all because they don’t understand or like something they feel no one should do it. 

Winston my friend I don’t profess to be the ultimate authority however I’ve ridden 10’s of thousands of horses in every size, shape and colour so I’ve got a decent base of opinion. What real life experience have you got to base your equestrian knowledge on? 

Post deleted. My apologies, I thought it was aimed at me! 

10 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

I’ve sent an email to our MP. He’s a berk but he likes his racing. The local point to point is a good day out for him and his cronies. The politics involved with anything that the greeny dogooder lot don’t like nowadays are just ridiculous all because they don’t understand or like something they feel no one should do it. 

Then good for you. I know it’s a pain but if we care, then it has to be done. Don’t let up. ?

Edited by Scully

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Eh? ?

No, not at all, just an alternative view. I don’t care what anyone’s agenda is, all I ask is they conduct it with honesty. If someone sets out to deliberately mislead, and there is no one to tell it as it actually is, then the facts don’t get heard. Am I wrong? 

Winny doesn’t like horse racing. I’d forgotten but a few months back when he was screaming about his sexuality loud and proud (because nobody was vaguely interested in what he likes as long as it’s legal) and being generally very argumentative he was also busy claiming how cruel the grand national was. 

1 minute ago, Benthejockey said:

Winny doesn’t like horse racing. I’d forgotten but a few months back when he was screaming about his sexuality loud and proud (because nobody was vaguely interested in what he likes as long as it’s legal) and being generally very argumentative he was also busy claiming how cruel the grand national was. 

Ah, I see. 

18 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Winston my friend I don’t profess to be the ultimate authority however I’ve ridden 10’s of thousands of horses in every size, shape and colour so I’ve got a decent base of opinion. What real life experience have you got to base your equestrian knowledge on? 

None what so ever, i simply wanted to point out you appear to be blowing your stack over someone having a different opinion, lifes too short

1 minute ago, Winston72 said:

None what so ever, i simply wanted to point out you appear to be blowing your stack over someone having a different opinion, lifes too short

In fairness Winston, if my opinion was that all types of shooting should be banned you would have something to say about it and would want to pull apart my argument.

Different opinions aren’t an issue. There’s no way everyone can agree on everything. The issue is borderline extremists shouting loudest and getting their voice heard regardless of the evidence to the contrary. AGAIN.

The same applies to pheasant shooting, grouse moors, legal gun ownership etc. The nutters shout loudest and get their opinion heard over any others. 

I know what your saying, but personally I don't agree with all types of shooting,and am sometimes torn in two directions, what makes it acceptable for me to shoot pigeons for pest control, I don't agree with breeding birds specifically to shoot for sport, but would feel hypocritical for taking the moral high ground, but i wouldn't criticize the people that despise both, they have an opinion, it differs from mine, certainly not worth getting anymore grey hairs over

4 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

Different opinions aren’t an issue. There’s no way everyone can agree on everything. The issue is borderline extremists shouting loudest and getting their voice heard regardless of the evidence to the contrary. AGAIN.

The same applies to pheasant shooting, grouse moors, legal gun ownership etc. The nutters shout loudest and get their opinion heard over any others. 

The point i'm making is we live in a free country, they have beliefs and have a right to have them heard, whats the harm?

14 hours ago, Winston72 said:

The point i'm making is we live in a free country, they have beliefs and have a right to have them heard, whats the harm?

The harm is, that when animal rights activists (PETA), or anyone else with an agenda, are able to further their aims with these farcical polls and then use the nonsensical results to suggest that a vast majority of the population demand action is just plain wrong.  It allows the loonies to take over the asylum.

PETA  hate animals and would rather see a healthy animal killed than "belong to a human", they have a very high kill rate of animals that they "save"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/killing-animals-petas-open-secret_us_59e78243e4b0e60c4aa36711?guccounter=1

They also actively support BSL and have recently attempted to get the government to add more breeds on to it, in short they're nothing more than animal abusers

Edited by Deker

52 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

I still think they have a right to be heard, otherwise there is no free speech.

Yes, they do have a right to be heard. I don't think anyone is disputing their right to be heard, but if what they say consists of deliberate deception, lies and misinformation to further an agenda, then they have to be challenged with hard facts, for obvious reasons. There has to be balance. 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Yes, they do have a right to be heard. I don't think anyone is disputing their right to be heard, but if what they say consists of deliberate deception, lies and misinformation to further an agenda, then they have to be challenged with hard facts, for obvious reasons. There has to be balance. 

If they're lying I agree they should be shown to be doing so.

1 hour ago, 243deer said:

What's the harm?  Horse racing is huge part of our way of life and a tradition going back centuries so much so that I think it ought to be classed as a religion in order to protect its minority status along with many other parts of our traditional life. 

That doesn't make much sense to me, I cant tell if horse racing is a huge part of our lives or its a minority status, personally I have no interest in racing, I don't like the fact horses get damaged jumping over things, in the name of entertainment,and have to be euthanised.

Badger Baiting Bear Bating etc were once considered parts of traditional life and now they aren't, things change because of how people feel, and those that have the Ca-hones to stand up and fight for what they believe get my respect whether i believe in they're cause or not( I am not condoning Lies to influence people) and people have different opinions as do different countries and cultures.

Edited by Winston72