PETA pillocks

Benthejockey

1 minute ago, Winston72 said:

That doesn't make much sense to me, I cant tell if horse racing is a huge part of our lives or its a minority status, personally I have no interest in racing, I don't like the fact horses get damaged jumping over things, in the name of entertainment,and have to be euthanised.

Badger Baiting Bear Bating etc were once considered parts of traditional life and now they aren't, things change because of how people feel, and those that have the Ca-hones to stand up and fight for what they believe get my respect whether i believe in they're cause or not( I am not condoning Lies to influence people) and people have different opinions as do different countries and cultures.

If you read my opening post you’ll see that of the 14000 horses in training the fatality rate of 0.3% equates to 28 horses killed on the race course. That’s over both codes of racing. That’s thousands of horses racing each week. More horses die each week through field accidents than anything else. Probably more than all equestrian sports combined. 

I love it when the old badger baiting anecdote comes out. So a little note about badger baiting as you would know it. Badger baiting as you know it was never a real thing, a badger in a pit against one or several terriers then yes this happened in the 1800’s and was subsequently banned. The badger baiting that you’re thinking of always has been illegal, chavs/******/nefarious characters finding setts, digging badgers illegally and declawing them/breaking their jaws, using lurchers and terriers to see who’s dog was the hardest against an incapacitated badger. Horse racing has absolutely no comparisons to badger baiting. At all. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone's opinion should be heard, its when people listen to Muppets that the problems start.

I know very little about horses other than there expensive generally bigger than me and top quality racing stock probably gets looked after better than a lot of humans.

This like I said is the problem someone tags you onto something on social media three clicks and you have added a vote to something you know nothing about in 60 seconds.

15 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I know very little about horses other than there expensive generally bigger than me and top quality racing stock probably gets looked after better than a lot of humans.

The Sherlock Holmes quote is quite apt ‘They’re dangerous at both ends and....crafty in the middle’

1 hour ago, Benthejockey said:

and those that have the Ca-hones to stand up and fight for what they believe get my respect whether i believe in they're cause or not( I am not condoning Lies to influence people) and people have different opinions as do different countries and cultures

There are informed opinions and uninformed opinions; why have respect for the latter? 

Meant for you Winston.

Edited by KB1

13 minutes ago, Benthejockey said:

The Sherlock Holmes quote is quite apt ‘They’re dangerous at both ends and....crafty in the middle’

Yep! I've riden two, its a long way down.

went to a horse welfare place near Blackpool a bit back from small to enormous with some terrible stories of neglect, still folk could just leave them in a field ???  

Just now, Mice! said:

went to a horse welfare place near Blackpool a bit back from small to enormous with some terrible stories of neglect, still folk could just leave them in a field ???  

Yeah the sad fact is that a lot of people ‘rescue’ horses from their terrible lives of cruelty being used for sport and entertainment and believe they will happily thrive in a paddock and can’t understand why they don’t. Yet racing is supposedly the epitome of cruelty. 

22 minutes ago, KB1 said:

There are informed opinions and uninformed opinions; why have respect for the latter? 

Meant for you Winston.

Sureley thats the point, both sides think they are right and have the freedom to say so in may forms of opinion eg Labour vs Tory, Christianity vs Muslim,who the best football team ever is etc etc etc 

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

They always try and bite me. I stay well away from both ends and if there is a crowd of them (or should that be flock?) i won't go in the field. Cows are much safer. 

Just now, Winston72 said:

Sureley thats the point, both sides think they are right and have the freedom to say so in may forms of opinion eg Labour vs Tory, Christianity vs Muslim,who the best football team ever is etc etc etc 

Yep that's the point. Makes for a good spat :lol:

16 minutes ago, Mice! said:

They always try and bite me. I stay well away from both ends and if there is a crowd of them (or should that be flock?) i won't go in the field. Cows are much safer. 

Just now, Winston72 said:

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Yep that's the point. Makes for a good spa:lol:

I'm afraid I don't understand? whats a "spat"

31 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

Actually, you don't seem to have addressed the point;  Should an uninformed opinion be respected?

23 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

I suppose it depends on who's opinion says its uninformed

Maybe it's best if I just cut to the chase.  I was confused as to why you jumped all over the OP's opinion when on balance it would appear that his opinion was somewhat informed.

Even after he offered some facts and figures your response was to resort to ad hominem.

But, it was the bit about 'respect for anyone's cause regardless if you agree or not' (and taking into account your other posts in this thread, this would include opinions) that made me wonder if you really believed that, or were just being a tad obtuse?

32 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

I think that would be peta that is uninformed But probably its better for their cause to ignore facts that don't fit.

They are the ones that want to bana sport where around .2 % a year die and do what with them?

A much higher % of horses die out side of racing. 

44 minutes ago, Winston72 said:

Well not really. An uninformed opinion means it is based on nonfactual points, ( even if the person innocently believes it to be true ) as opposed to an informed opinion, which is based on fact.