Shooting compilation

Mason4796

On 14/07/2018 at 19:27, lancer425 said:

I want to bolt aloy side plates to a mild steel motorbike rear mudguard, rubber gasket and both contact faces painted will stop Galvanic Oxidation but what about bolts/ rivets?  I thought some kind of stepped plastic washer with the step inside an oversised hole but no idea where to get such things, and any idea what bolt material would not attack the aloy as much. I thought titanium but for the coat, any other ideas please. I could use mild steel but wanted the thicker aloy without the equivalent in steels weight. 

5 hours ago, Mason4796 said:

Thanks, I’ll spread the word ?

105175A7-6C11-4AF0-B3F8-483337AA40EF.jpeg

DB37087D-7BCE-4EFD-AABD-4E7570E1A9B1.jpeg

Nice video, but having recently been smacked in the ear by some clown wearing his gun around around his neck, whilst in the clubhouse,  I am less than impressed by this growing trend. Maybe when you are being sponsored by one of the top gun manufacturers, you can wear your gun around your neck whilst being photographed too !

9 hours ago, Westley said:

Nice video, but having recently been smacked in the ear by some clown wearing his gun around around his neck, whilst in the clubhouse,  I am less than impressed by this growing trend. Maybe when you are being sponsored by one of the top gun manufacturers, you can wear your gun around your neck whilst being photographed too !

Thanks! I would agree, you may notice my gun is not on my shoulder once in the video, only on the picture. I can assure you I made sure I was out of the way of any people who may not be too aware of their surroundings before taking the photo to avoid any risk of bumping in to someone not looking where they were going! ?  

In seriousness though, I do appreciate your comments and agree to an extent. I think everyone should be aware of their surroundings and also be considerate of others. Equally, if you are not enclosed and stood right next to someone, there is no harm in having your gun on your shoulder for a quick photo

9 hours ago, Mason4796 said:

Thanks! I would agree, you may notice my gun is not on my shoulder once in the video, only on the picture. I can assure you I made sure I was out of the way of any people who may not be too aware of their surroundings before taking the photo to avoid any risk of bumping in to someone not looking where they were going! ?  

In seriousness though, I do appreciate your comments and agree to an extent. I think everyone should be aware of their surroundings and also be considerate of others. Equally, if you are not enclosed and stood right next to someone, there is no harm in having your gun on your shoulder for a quick photo

I was in no way pointing a finger here, but having been involved with the running of a ground for a good number of years, I have seen some really bad damage to guns (and Shooters). If you should get a gun with a nice bit of wood on it, use a gunslip. I always use a slip if for no other reason, than to avoid damage to my gun whilst waiting to shoot. I chose a slip with a rigid spine and without half a sheep adorning the inside, this allows me to remove my gun and leave the slip on the gunrack until I finish the stand.  It also removes the temptation to pull Shaun the sheep from the front bead with a closed and loaded gun  !      :good: Oh, and with regards to my eyesight problem, I was standing in a queue with my back to the offender, when he turned around to speak to his mate, I got an earful  of gunstock !

Edited by Westley

7 minutes ago, Westley said:

I was in no way pointing a finger here, but having been involved with the running of a ground for a good number of years, I have seen some really bad damage to guns (and Shooters). If you should get a gun with a nice bit of wood on it, use a gunslip. I always use a slip if for no other reason, than to avoid damage to my gun whilst waiting to shoot. I chose a slip with a rigid spine and without half a sheep adorning the inside, this allows me to remove my gun and leave the slip on the gunrack until I finish the stand.  It also removes the temptation to pull Shaun the sheep from the front bead with a closed and loaded gun  !      :good: Oh, and with regards to my eyesight problem, I was standing in a queue with my back to the offender, when he turned around to speak to his mate, I got an earful  of gunstock !

Some good points! Haven’t seen a gun slip like the one you describe but that does sound like a good idea I may take a look at those! It seems the shoulder slinging does cause some debate so I may make more effort to carry my Gun over the arm in future as it seems, although not necessarily a huge problem there may be some ettiquette issues that I appreciate some may not be keen on! Thanks for the advice 

Browning do such a gunslip, BUT take my advice and change the shoulder sling fastenings. It comes with some stupid dog lead type clips that have a habit of opening and allowing your gun to drop to the ground. Change the fastenings for the screw stud type,  obtainable from any saddlers.

9 hours ago, KB1 said:

Nice video:good:

Don't take too much notice of the 'selective' PC brigade, a broken gun is a safe gun:)

? Everytime I see something like this it reminds me of our part timer 'keeper and shoot captain. He starts off the day with a pre-shoot talk, in which amongst other things, he invariably informs us 'all guns to be unloaded and kept in slips while walking between drives', who then is THE ONLY ONE who WITHOUT FAIL flaunts this rule each and every shoot day. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen him trailing along the path with not only his gun unsleeved, but closed. I've equally lost count of the number of times I've asked him 'Is that gun empty ******?' 

He also knows that I will not beat anywhere near him while he is walking gun, as he always walks with his gun loaded and closed. He finds it amusing. 

I keep seeing his 'mates' at the local clay grounds  ! 

At the risk of appearing to be 'totally PC' there is a video on another Forum of a certain Mr. Carrie conducting a gun test between a .410" and a 12 bore. Whilst examining the pattern sheet, his gun is closed and leaning on a thin metal strip, supporting the pattern sheet backplate. This is a much publicised 'Game Shooter' who is displaying this negligence,  ON VIDEO.  Need I say more  ?

Edited by Westley

On 14/08/2018 at 16:32, TIGHTCHOKE said:

You really need to get out of the awful habit of carrying your gun over your shoulder. It will look bad when you turn and take some-ones teeth out at a shoot.

Tightchoke i remember that exact comment to me on the charity shoot at Sporting targets a few years ago when you were marking.

Good grief has it really come down to this , if you want to carry the gun over your shoulder do so , and don’t let anyone tell you differently. 

As long as the gun is open , people see the gun is open then crack on matey . 

Ohhh I would love someone to tell me off for having a gun over my shoulder on a clay shoot , you would feel  2” tall by the time I’ve finished with you ?

keep that PC nonsense for your game shoots . 

Olympics and Commanwealth games , England/ Scotland / Ireland selection shoots or Home internationals don’t seem to have a problem with it . 

Edited by stevo

25 minutes ago, stevo said:

Good grief has it really come down to this , if you want to carry the gun over your shoulder do so , and don’t let anyone tell you differently. 

Ohhh I would love someone to tell me off for having a gun over my shoulder on a clay shoot , you would feel  2” tall by the time I’ve finished with you ?

Olympics and Commanwealth games , England/ Scotland / Ireland selection shoots or Home internationals don’t seem to have a problem with it . 

I didn’t realise I would spark such a debate! We should all support one another in whatever shooting disciplines we choose and work together to further progress the awareness and success of the sport. People will always have a difference of opinion I guess. As gun owners I believe we all display a very high level of responsibility, respect and awareness for safety and our surroundings. I would always expect anyone to hold me to account if I was acting in an unsafe manner as I would them. 

Unfortunately keyboard warriors do tend to criticise rather than support. I am open to everyone’s opinion and guidance if delivered in the right way. 

Ettiquette is something people will have a difference of opinion on. But let’s all just remain safe, remain supportive of each other and more than anything enjoy our sport!

On 14/08/2018 at 21:01, motty said:

Love the ejecting of the shells everywhere!

I have to admit motty , I’m also a massive fan of that haha ? 

I love the way the shooter can hit a 100 mm black target doing 40-75 mph at anywhere upto 80 - 90 yards , but yet miss the poxy bin in front of him or her  with there empty haha 

Edited by stevo

On 20/08/2018 at 16:09, stevo said:

+1