Help Required for Charity Shoot

webber

Sadly, cancer has returned with vengeance to my wife Pauline

Over recent weeks she has benefited greatly from the support provided by Macmillan Nurses and Palliative care provided by Willowbrook Hospice.

Martin and I have decided to hold a Charity Clay Pigeon Shoot in joint aid of the two charities.  All profits will go to the charities, and be appropriately acknowledged.

The location is Rixton & Astley Shooting Club located at Astley near Leigh in Greater Manchester

The date is Sunday 21st. October.  I'll post as an event later

Whilst we have sufficient ground staff to run the shoot, but I need a couple of additional English Sporting Referees who are willing to donate their service.

I'm not too fussed about being CPSA qualified.  Just some previous experience of refereeing at club level will be fine.

Please PM me if you feel you can help.

Donations of suitable raffle prizes or cash donations towards expenses etc. gratefully appreciated.

webber

12 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

Hi, Sorry to hear this. Is there a ‘just giving ‘ type site to donate funds through? Always happy to donate to such worthy charities. 

Now thats an idea.

I'll ask the girls in the office if they can show me how to set it up.

webber

The office girls are still working on a method of accepting electronic payment.

Meanwhile PW Hawkfanz has been into the Norgas shop with a £10 donation towards the cost of running the charity shoot and also volunteered to help run the overflow carpark.

A local group of archers has just advised that they are willing to attend and put on a Have A Go @ Archery.

Bit by bit, its coming together

webber

please pass on my very best regards to your wife webber .

if you pm me your postal address , my good lady will make a couple of cartridge pouches for you to sell/raffle , just let me know if you would like them hold , 25/50/75/100 carts.

Quite a bit of progress so far this week.

I've received pledges of significant prizes from BASC; also substantial donations from Bowyers Accountants and Camgas.

I've been unable to get either the clays or the cartridges sponsored, so the funds so far will go a long way to offsetting the costs of the shoot which will mean more money for the charities.

We've admitted defeat in our quest to establish a just giving wotsit.

If you wish to make a donation please contact me for further details.

webber

2 hours ago, webber said:

Quite a bit of progress so far this week.

I've received pledges of significant prizes from BASC; also substantial donations from Bowyers Accountants and Camgas.

I've been unable to get either the clays or the cartridges sponsored, so the funds so far will go a long way to offsetting the costs of the shoot which will mean more money for the charities.

We've admitted defeat in our quest to establish a just giving wotsit.

If you wish to make a donation please contact me for further details.

webber

This may be a really daft question John,  but,do the shooters taking part ,pay for their own carts and clays, or does the cost of them come out of the donated monies ?. 

Your clay shooting pouches are ready , I'll see if I can scare up a bit of cash from friends too mate.

The shooters pay to shoot as normal.

Remember every clay thrown has to be purchased by the ground; this would be a cost we would need to recover, together with other unavoidable expenses.

Similarly the cartridges used for the Have A Go stands will need to be purchased by the ground.

If we can off set some or all of the cost of these main items, more money will go to the charities.

webber

greetings good people just to mention webbers charity shoot,i know a lot of you enjoy your clay shooting,so why not make a special effort for this charty shoot and enjoy your morning busting those little black discs for a good cause.i much prefer em with wings[not the sort you put in your draws mind]so to all who attend have a great shoot with loads of banter,i will be in attendance around overspill  car park i do hope loads turn out and it keeps me busy.hf.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more raffle prizes have been received this week from both Pigeon Watch and Facebook members.
The Norgas Office ladies are running a Macmillan Coffee Morning on Friday 28th September.
Many thanks to those who have volunteered their services for duties at the Charity Shoot on 21st. October.
I still need a couple of referees for the English Sporting Competition. No need to be a qualified referee, just know the rules and how to apply them.