LL-760 Night Vision

Lloyd90

There are at least three of these sold (including one by Clive). From What I can see on the NV forum they are all the same but Clives is a couple of hundred more expensive. They look good to me but speaking to Clive he reckons they don't have the clarity of the Ward in screen resolution. Having said that clarity and range come as much from the scope you use and the quality of the IR you put on top if the camera and screen are of good quality. If you have an IR compatible scope then I reckon these would be a good bet. The mount certainly looks impressive and it has the right camera and quality display. 

If you are looking to save some cash and still get great quality I would look on the NV forum there are some great self build kits available.

If you are starting with a quality day scope then it might be worth looking at the Pulsar F155 forward mount. It still needs a decent IR but the ir does not pass through the lens so a good quality scope is going to be ok. Apparently no impact on zero but it's going to cost you best part of £1000. 

Alternatively go for a copy of the pvs14 from China. 

Edited by oowee

Maybe not the f155

Your scope won't need parallax adjustment to work with the F155 - but frankly, don't bother with it.
Your scope will be looking at the micro display on the F155 and at anything above x 4 or x5, the image will be rubbish because you'll see all the individual display pixels.
You'll need £100 extra for a scope adaptor for each scope you want to use it with and gorilla length arms to reach the controls once it's fitted to the front of the scope.
It's another of those cases when a piece of kit is touted as doing more than one thing (a spotter and an add-on).
Technically that's true, but it does neither job at all well.
The F155 is another example of Pulsar making low magnification kit designed for the European market which is primarily shooting at large targets at short range.
They don't make any NV or thermal kit with high enough optical magnification that really suits the typical UK night shooter which is primarily smaller targets at longer ranges.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

There are at least three of these sold (including one by Clive). From What I can see on the NV forum they are all the same but Clives is a couple of hundred more expensive. They look good to me but speaking to Clive he reckons they don't have the clarity of the Ward in screen resolution. Having said that clarity and range come as much from the scope you use and the quality of the IR you put on top if the camera and screen are of good quality. If you have an IR compatible scope then I reckon these would be a good bet. The mount certainly looks impressive and it has the right camera and quality display. 

If you are looking to save some cash and still get great quality I would look on the NV forum there are some great self build kits available.

If you are starting with a quality day scope then it might be worth looking at the Pulsar F155 forward mount. It still needs a decent IR but the ir does not pass through the lens so a good quality scope is going to be ok. Apparently no impact on zero but it's going to cost you best part of £1000. 

Alternatively go for a copy of the pvs14 from China. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, clive has these ward add ons '@ £360

Yes he was selling them at just under £600 when others were selling for £370. 

Clive was constantly stating how he adapted his and it was worth the extra. Although many people asked what he changed as they seemed identical and he was asking £200 more than anyone else. 

After refusing to state what changes he made and being vague for weeks, he appears to now have dropped his price to less than anyone else. 

Did he ever make any changes? Many think not. 

Bit of a slap in the face for those that bought his claims and paid £200 over the price of the other units ... 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Bit of a slap in the face for those that bought his claims and paid £200 over the price of the other units ... 

Indeed , I would be fuming !

How are you getting on with your Addonight Lloyd ?
Ive recently bought one , but not took it out properly yet.

Using its own IR and as  a spotter, Im extremely impressed, good clarity out to 150 yds.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Indeed , I would be fuming !

How are you getting on with your Addonight Lloyd ?
Ive recently bought one , but not took it out properly yet.

Using its own IR and as  a spotter, Im extremely impressed, good clarity out to 150 yds.

I’ve had it out as a spotter so far - can easily ID rabbits at 70-80 yards although eye shine can be picked up further. 

This is just with the on-board IR. 

I’ve yet to get out on a serious session with it as been helping my mate on some release pens daytime and training the pup is taking up a fair bit of time. 

As we approach pheasant season however I imagine it’ll be put to use foxing much more :) looking forward to that! 

45 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I’ve had it out as a spotter so far - can easily ID rabbits at 70-80 yards although eye shine can be picked up further. 

This is just with the on-board IR. 

I’ve yet to get out on a serious session with it as been helping my mate on some release pens daytime and training the pup is taking up a fair bit of time. 

As we approach pheasant season however I imagine it’ll be put to use foxing much more  looking forward to that! 

👍

I was thinking of one of these for spotting, however if it can only spot rabbits at sub 100 yards, it's not worth buying imo. I use a Yukon Exelon 3x50 with dovetail rail fitted with T50 ir mounted....can easily see (actually see) rabbits out to 150/200 yards. It is a tad bulky though, which is why I thought the 760/Addonight might be worth consideration.

9 hours ago, beanieboy said:

I was thinking of one of these for spotting, however if it can only spot rabbits at sub 100 yards, it's not worth buying imo. I use a Yukon Exelon 3x50 with dovetail rail fitted with T50 ir mounted....can easily see (actually see) rabbits out to 150/200 yards. It is a tad bulky though, which is why I thought the 760/Addonight might be worth consideration.

hello, are you looking just for a spotter or the add on/ spotter,  

13 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, are you looking just for a spotter or the add on/ spotter,  

I was thinking of an add-on that could be used as a spotter. I use my current spotter in conjunction with a Photon XT mounted on a 17 WSM. An add-on would allow me to stick it on my .22lr, if required. I have Kahles and Docter scopes on my other rifles and am aware that Add-ons are unlikely to suit these.

10 hours ago, beanieboy said:

The Addonight, LL760 and the Ward Adder are all the same beast, Mr Ward currently has  the cheapest deal on them, with the best adapter.

Personally, I would think that the Addonight ,used as a spotter could ID rabbits a lot further out than 150 yards, I havnt used it in the field yet, but I spotted a neighbors cat on a shed roof, and then ranged it with my IR rangefinder at 120 yards, through the addonight ,with its own IR on the lowest setting, the cat was very clear.
These units are compact, light , and extremely good value for money IMHO.
Battery life is very good too, with an excellent 'sleep' function.

Besides bulky addons and dedicated NV scopes, I dont think theres been anything like this on the market before at this price.

57 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The Addonight, LL760 and the Ward Adder are all the same beast, Mr Ward currently has  the cheapest deal on them, with the best adapter.

Personally, I would think that the Addonight ,used as a spotter could ID rabbits a lot further out than 150 yards, I havnt used it in the field yet, but I spotted a neighbors cat on a shed roof, and then ranged it with my IR rangefinder at 120 yards, through the addonight ,with its own IR on the lowest setting, the cat was very clear.

Besides bulky addons and dedicated NV scopes, I dont think theres been anything like this on the market before at this price.

That is very interesting Rewulf. The unit doers seem very light and portable....would be very handy when I'm out on my own.

4 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

I only saw those rabbits at around 80-100 yards because they were the only ones there. I imagine you can pick some up further out. 

Unfortunatley I live in the city so it’s hard to just pop outside and test it out. 

Thanks for the clarification.

58 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

hello, i agree Rewulf, there has been quite a lot of discussion  with these on the BBS and the few who have purchased seem well pleased, only time will tell once more people buy, despite the comments with clive ward his price on the adder on is the best online, so i would consider rather than aliexpress.

15 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i agree Rewulf, there has been quite a lot of discussion  with these on the BBS and the few who have purchased seem well pleased, only time will tell once more people buy, despite the comments with clive ward his price on the adder on is the best online, so i would consider rather than aliexpress.

It is now , a lot better than the £599 he was asking before 😯

The good thing about them is that on board IR , I cant get my head round how ggod it is for the size of it, the pill looks tiny, its fully zoomable on the beam, and performs amazingly.

24 minutes ago, beanieboy said:

That is very interesting Rewulf. The unit doers seem very light and portable....would be very handy when I'm out on my own.

Thanks for the clarification.

I think they are about 250g and 6 inches without the adapter, very pocketable.

24 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

to follow on i am trying to find a better solution for this coming winter night shooting, on my CZ 455 is a Hawke rimfire scope set a 50 yards zero, which i would change to a MK 1 photon but finding now with not so good eye sight the rear photon diopter is on max,  i was looking at these new add ons but do not like fiddly buttons, what i would like maybe is a DIY type add on with a screen on the box and not fixed to scope, any one seen such a unit ?????  i do have a hand held spotter N/V which can do 150/200 yards

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

38 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

It is now , a lot better than the £599 he was asking before 😯

The good thing about them is that on board IR , I cant get my head round how ggod it is for the size of it, the pill looks tiny, its fully zoomable on the beam, and performs amazingly.

I think they are about 250g and 6 inches without the adapter, very pocketable.

After the "words" that were had on the NV Forum between suppliers of the addon l'm not surprised the price has come down by over £200, it was getting harsh to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

After the "words" that were had on the NV Forum between suppliers of the addon l'm not surprised the price has come down by over £200, it was getting harsh to say the least.

Yes Clive started that - the other sellers hadn’t mentioned anything until Clive went on the thread about their product and started making claims that it was unsafe and an inferior product. 

Thats when the other seller showed emails from Clive’s supplier stating they were exactly the same and also Clive made a load of false claims about him having some sort of copyright over the unit, which then never materialised. After all clives claims it then seemed that there is no difference between the units. 

So basically it appears that Clive lied about his product being superior etc and just ripped off his loyal customers for an extra £200. People were openly posting how they bought off him because they trusted him and believed he had made changes. 

I certainly won’t buy off him, and if I recently bought one of his £600 units from his promises of it being suped up, only to find he then dropped his price because he’d made it all up, I’d be going mad! 

2 hours ago, beanieboy said:

I would of thought the Kwikfit unit made by 'Somebloke' is the closest thing to what you want. The ir is attached to the screen/power unit. Supposed to be very good.

I have one of daves rigs and its spot on two largish buttons on it , nothing fiddly far far better than nite****e

i didnt think i would like the heads up position for shooting but its no problem and you sharp get used to it , if you want one off dave i would contact him shortly as i think hes stopping making them when his current stocks run out

8 minutes ago, telf said:

I have one of daves rigs and its spot on two largish buttons on it , nothing fiddly far far better than nite****e

i didnt think i would like the heads up position for shooting but its no problem and you sharp get used to it , if you want one off dave i would contact him shortly as i think hes stopping making them when his current stocks run out

Yes if you have fat fingers, Daves your man for a bespoke set up.