Anyone in East Sussex with a Sako Quad or Finnfire II in HMR/WMR?

spandit

• 2 weeks later...

Professionally printed order arrived today. Here's my prototype Sako Quad .22LR magazine and my Weihrauch HW60J magazines. Haven't had a chance to test the latter (or the P94S magazines that came too) but thrilled with the quality

20180824_115836.jpg

Edited by spandit
Rotated photo

35 minutes ago, farmer7 said:

Do you make a 10 round for the P94? I have a Sako one but it's less than reliable.

Yes I do...

That was a home made one. I've just had the professional ones delivered (like the ones in the picture above) but haven't assembled them yet. It's printed to the same plans so should hold 10 shots (although like my 5 shot magazines, I think you have to have the bolt open to insert it when full, but I'll check when I test it, hopefully later today)

Well,

I assembled the following this afternoon (from left to right):

1) 5 shot mag with finned base for easier extraction from the rifle - this performs perfectly although when full you have to have the bolt open to insert it. It means you can't have 6 shots at your disposal. This is something I want to look at but it's a fairly minor irritation

2) 5 shot mag with single shot adaptor base - you can insert this magazine upside down and use it in single shot mode. The normal magazine bit works fine. The single shot base doesn't quite hold the round high enough so needs some more work. The home made prototype seemed to work fine so not sure why this one doesn't. At least it clips in place firmly regardless of which way round it is inserted

3) 10 shot mag. This holds 10 rounds and can be inserted with the bolt closed. Oddly, first 4 rounds feed fine, rounds 5 and 6 get pushed a bit high, then 7 through 10 feed fine again. I've tried a few different spring tensions but need to work out quite what is happening here before I start selling any. You can just make out a 22LR dummy round in the top of the 10 shot mag - they're pretty good for testing how many you can fit in a magazine but quite stiff in the breech and too soft for the extractor to get a decent grip on

crefmags_3.jpg.d3a43fc17b961e2c4644ab835dc0f1ac.jpg