Road kill in Bristol

eddoakley

Has anyone here driven the m32 near Bristol city centre today?

I don't know the junction number but if heading out of town just before the exit for Ikea the is a dead roe fawn on the hard shoulder.

I actually turned around at the roundabout and went for another look as i was so surprised. I have been watching a few roe just a mile or two away for some time, also saw a nice buck killed on the same road just before the M4 a couple of months ago but was shocked to see this today. 

I got someone to take a couple of pics but my phone died so i think they mart be lost.

Did anyone else see it?

Edd

Did not see that one.

It's not uncommon unfortunately to see dead deer kids and adults about. I hit one in the truck last year when on my way stalking early morning. lucky I was in the truck they can cause a lot of damage. Meat was good for nothing. 

Last November there was one falling about on the road in front of a que of traffic that had been badly injured. Caused quite a stir as i jumped out to go and sort it. 

Last week I saw three jump a hedge forcing traffic to stop. 

Just back in from trying to bag my nemesis buck. There is a beauty on a piece of ground I am shooting on but try as i might I can't get on him. Running out of options.

57 minutes ago, oowee said:

Just back in from trying to bag my nemesis buck. There is a beauty on a piece of ground I am shooting on but try as i might I can't get on him. Running out of options.

Let him go and carry on breeding for next year?

6 hours ago, Mice! said:

Let him go and carry on breeding for next year?

This.. Leave him be. If he is that good then let him pass it on, take him next year or even the year after. 

Back to OP, Bristol has alot of green spaces close to the city centre, there was a roe doe in the DAS buildings reception a few months back, just wandered into the building. And I think the IKEA junc is no.3 

I know that area quite well, my son lives just off the junction you mention and as Shooting Egg says there are plenty of green spaces that could funnel deer that close in 

As a side issue, I bet those people who lived in the Victorian houses along that route were well peed off when they built the elevated flyover right past their windows in the 60s

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

I know that area quite well, my son lives just off the junction you mention and as Shooting Egg says there are plenty of green spaces that could funnel deer that close in 

As a side issue, I bet those people who lived in the Victorian houses along that route were well peed off when they built the elevated flyover right past their windows in the 60s

Yeah, what a lovely view of pillars and the underside of a road.. And the road itself os a traffic nightmare, any issues on the m4 and you cant get out of Bristol, any issue on it coming in, you dont come in to Bristol... 

Oowee is this a mature buck then that needs to go? If you dont catch up with him I guess there is always next season? 

As I said I have been watching a few roe just a mile or two further away and there are indeed plenty of green spaces but surprised to see anything closer to the centre than say Stoke park as it's pretty built up much after that. 

Also it was a pretty young fawn from what I could see so it's managed quite a distance from where I might have expected to see anything.

Always interesting.

Edd