Nissan navara automatic

bluesj

You won’t get a better driver than the Navarra . They are well made and the teckna is proberbly the best spec pickup out there . 18.000 mile service interval ,the best of the pick ups . I had the manual but my mate had the auto and he said it has been faultless . I shall soon be needing a new truck and am thinking of going back to a nav . At the moment I have a15 plate l200 warrior very good off road but a bit Unitarian compared to the Nissan . Yes Nissan had a problem with some chassis rusting out but they got on top of it and there won’t be a problem with the later date models .

harnser 

Had the manual for a year now and no gripes at all although wished i had went the auto route.

Have done four 11+hr trips and very comfortable,good mpg with zero issues as yet,touch wood.

Was initially a wee bit worried off road but its been exceptional with the right boots on.

Have mates with Rangers and new Hilux and they are shocked by the poor MPG and apparently the old Hilux was better but thats not from me.

As usual,everyone has their favourites and some cant see past their nose but if as said the chassis problems are sorted then its a decent pick up for sure.Also will say Nissan on the whole dealt with the chassis issue very well and again know folk that got their money for the old model with zero fuss when all was admitted.

7 hours ago, Harnser said:

You won’t get a better driver than the Navarra . They are well made and the teckna is proberbly the best spec pickup out there . 18.000 mile service interval ,the best of the pick ups . I had the manual but my mate had the auto and he said it has been faultless . I shall soon be needing a new truck and am thinking of going back to a nav . At the moment I have a15 plate l200 warrior very good off road but a bit Unitarian compared to the Nissan . Yes Nissan had a problem with some chassis rusting out but they got on top of it and there won’t be a problem with the later date models .

harnser 

Glad you said ‘some’ , mine and friends were great.

Had my manual new from 2009 until second child in 2014 ( it had to go according to the wife as it was the king cab with those little dickie seats).

Would like/ have another in a heartbeat.

i looked at one and drove it on a test drive and thought it was good. the only problem with the one we drove was it kept jumping in and out of gear! we said this to the dealer and he said yeah dont worry we will sort that out! but by then we had lost confidence in the vehicle and the dealer. this seems all to common when buying second hand cars they dont fix the issues until you point them out or not as the case may be. a quick search on the internet when we got home showed us that the gearbox oil is cooled through the radiator and if the rad breaks the fluids can mix. best case new rad worse case nex box and rad!

The Isuzu was most likely overloaded and had a stock trailer on so was probably worked hard and it will happen if you abuse any pickup.  Most Navaras seem to be rusting through and the hilux seem ok in the uk but they have a 3 billion lawsuit in the USA due to rusted chassis