First double for a while

steveyg

Set of in search of pigeons and ended up on some wheat stubble. 50 birds feeding and some joining so it looked promising. My new shooting buddy decided to bring his sprocker, she recently had a litter of 5 gorgeous pups and this was her first time out in a few months. What a dog, so alert and responsive. Ruby noticed the birds before we did, cracking working dog.

the wind was very strong and gave us some challenging shots,cracking sport. The flight line dried up but we had a few visitors which kept us entertained. Steve noticed a pair committing to the pattern and let me have a go even though it was his turn, dropped them both....result 

we finished the day on 48 with 42 picked, I had 25 and big grin on my face. Superb afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed watching ruby work....I think she enjoyed it more than we did.

IMG_0007.JPG

1 hour ago, steveyg said:

Set of in search of pigeons and ended up on some wheat stubble. 50 birds feeding and some joining so it looked promising. My new shooting buddy decided to bring his sprocker, she recently had a litter of 5 gorgeous pups and this was her first time out in a few months. What a dog, so alert and responsive. Ruby noticed the birds before we did, cracking working dog.

the wind was very strong and gave us some challenging shots,cracking sport. The flight line dried up but we had a few visitors which kept us entertained. Steve noticed a pair committing to the pattern and let me have a go even though it was his turn, dropped them both....result 

we finished the day on 48 with 42 picked, I had 25 and big grin on my face. Superb afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed watching ruby work....I think she enjoyed it more than we did.

IMG_0007.JPG

Quality afternoons shooting , always nice getting a right and left , I find I get a few when decoying in the middle of the field , for some reason the odd pigeon from a pair or small group tend to fly towards you after you have dropped one with your first shot , which then make the second shot easier than the first one .

I was also out this afternoon on some stubble , lovely day for shooting , a bit of cloud cover with a stiff breeze , I found mid afternoon produced the most shooting then from 4.30 things slowed right down until I packed a little after five .

How did you find it late in the afternoon ?