Man bags/wallets

AVB

Ok I expect a ribbing for this but how does the modern PWer carry around their essentials, especially in the summer when not wearing coat or jacket?

I’ve come to the conclusion that a wallet isn’t needed anymore so going for a fancy combined card holder and money clip but I also need to carry around two phones and reading glasses. Pockets aren’t big enough. 

What do others do? 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rarely carry cash these days so bank cards go in phone case, wallets stays in car mainly, that goes in one pocket with car key. Readers in the other pocket. Whole lot them comes out and gets put on the table if I’m drinking or eating out. 

If I’m working in London I Carry a small rucksack. Containing laptop, note pad, chargers, wallet keys etc. Phone/oyster is all I leave on me. 

Thought  about getting a bum bag!?! 

7 minutes ago, shalfordninja33 said:

I rarely carry cash these days so bank cards go in phone case, wallets stays in car mainly, that goes in one pocket with car key. Readers in the other pocket. Whole lot them comes out and gets put on the table if I’m drinking or eating out. 

If I’m working in London I Carry a small rucksack. Containing laptop, note pad, chargers, wallet keys etc. Phone/oyster is all I leave on me. 

Thought  about getting a bum bag!?! 

A bum bag makes you look like an American tourist! I do have a small, over the shoulder, ‘man bag’ but wondered if there were any other bright ideas! 

I was worried about cards being next to phone in a combined card/phone case and the magnetic stripe getting wiped. Is that not a problem then? 

2 minutes ago, AVB said:

A bum bag makes you look like an American tourist! I do have a small, over the shoulder, ‘man bag’ but wondered if there were any other bright ideas! 

I was worried about cards being next to phone in a combined card/phone case and the magnetic stripe getting wiped. Is that not a problem then? 

Don’t they call them fanny packs! ?

My contactless cards have been fine. They sit right next to the phone. Train ticket gets wiped occasionally.

For events like the game fair I have a small canvas (Napier or possibly Jack Pyke?) bag bit like a small fishing bag - takes show programme, water bottle and any leaflets/small purchases.  It doubles as my lunch bag on shoot days.  Brady do some nice small ones that are very well made  and quality material (but they are not cheap).  https://www.bradybags.co.uk/bags/Kent-Shoulder-Bag.html#SID=13

Mine is rather 'thin' canvas compared to a Brady.

4 hours ago, AVB said:

Ok I expect a ribbing for this but how does the modern PWer carry around their essentials, especially in the summer when not wearing coat or jacket?

I’ve come to the conclusion that a wallet isn’t needed anymore so going for a fancy combined card holder and money clip but I also need to carry around two phones and reading glasses. Pockets aren’t big enough. 

What do others do? 

I have a wallet for cards, cash and a multi-tool, credit card sized, my glasses - one pair on my nose, another pair in my shirt pocket (never buy even a t-shirt now that does not have a breast pocket).  As for the phones, have you looked at dual SIM phones? 1 phone, 2 SIM cards.

That still leave 2 back pockets for "whatever".  The car has a bag with a few more tools in, some "hard-tack" and water.  At home there are 5L back packs, one for each family member, it has everything you might need in a hurry.

RS

1 hour ago, moondoggy said:
81m7qAlJNtL._UX385_.jpgI use one of these

I finally just bought myself something very similar, specifically for air travel really. I haven't used it yet but am fully confident that it will cushion the whole business of getting through security and all the other minor stresses and hassles. No more pocket emptying, or tapping around the torso checking for wallets, passports, etc. Here's mine.

IMG_20180819_230415.jpg

Edited by Retsdon

All my shirts have breast pockets.   John Norris shirts in summer, lumberjack style in winter holds wallet and phone, inclined to have a lot of  jerseys with stretched necks reaching fort hem. Dont have a laptop or any of those other devices but on irregular train journeys Crosscountry Snowbee fishing bag holds food and drink for journey.  Fishing bag gets me into quite a few conversations with other anglers.

Blackpowder

What on earths going on here, ???

MAN BAGS, ???

What's up with pockets ???

Is this some kind of population reduction programme, men carrying round handbags, whats in them? makeup, hair brush, nail file and hairspray. 

Come on men can't you see your Man, Hunter instincts are being chipped away bit by bit, you go into boots and see the men's section selling face cream moisturiser for men, and I suppose it goes in the Manbag next to the eyeliner and lipstick. 

Unbelievable ?

1 hour ago, Dougy said:

What on earths going on here,

MAN BAGS,

What's up with pockets

Is this some kind of population reduction programme, men carrying round handbags, whats in them? makeup, hair brush, nail file and hairspray. 

Come on men can't you see your Man, Hunter instincts are being chipped away bit by bit, you go into boots and see the men's section selling face cream moisturiser for men, and I suppose it goes in the Manbag next to the eyeliner and lipstick. 

Unbelievable ?

This☝️

Wallet, phone, fags and keys. When I ain't lost em.

I once got told by my boss that I should start moisturising other wise I'll start getting crow's feet. Told him to f off and that id rather look like a cave troll thanks. I was 28 at the time. 

20 hours ago, Dougy said:

What on earths going on here, ???

MAN BAGS, ???

What's up with pockets ???

Unbelievable ?

agree with dougy

whats up with you girlie wannabies a man has pockets if there is not enough pockets get trousers with more of them

manbags my ****

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Only time I use one is when I want to carry one of more of the following; water/flask, lunch, iPad, catalogue/brochures etc.

Yes but you get a cammo back pack from the army and navy stores, not pop into the local Primarche man bag shop. 

Brochures you sound like Mrs Bucket, magazines man magazines !!! 

24 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Brochures you sound like Mrs Bucket, magazines man magazines !!!

I usually come back from the game fair with a handful of brochures on the latest gizmos that are hard copies of web pages I could view at home anyway!

24 minutes ago, Dougy said:

Yes but you get a cammo back pack from the army and navy stores,

In fact I have a khaki canvas 'Napier' bag that takes either a water bottle or two, a flask and some sandwiches ....... or a bottle of something stronger and a few beakers.  It also takes spare casts, a fly box and Tesco bag to hold a catch when I have a fish on a hill loch, so an all round 'useful' bag

Edited by JohnfromUK