Man bags/wallets

AVB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I was expecting a bit more of a ribbing but good to see that modern man does exist on PW and they face the same challenges as me as to where to put their ‘stuff’. I liked the brown leather shoulder bag that was posted on here so am going to look for something similar. 

And I moisturise every day after shaving! 

1 hour ago, AVB said:

To be honest I was expecting a bit more of a ribbing but good to see that modern man does exist on PW and they face the same challenges as me as to where to put their ‘stuff’. I liked the brown leather shoulder bag that was posted on here so am going to look for something similar. 

And I moisturise every day after shaving! 

The real men chose to ignore the whole sordid man bag issue ?

Currently halfway through a 3 flight journey, and the recently bought 'man bag' is turning out to be every bit as handy as I hoped it would be. It confortably  holds a book, a Kindle reader, two phones, two wallets, keys, headphones,, glasses and contact lens cases and passport and travel docs. Previously, all this stuff would either have had to be stashed somewhere in a holdall, or crammed into cargo pants or shirt pockets.

I don't see me using the bag on a daily basis, but when travelling it's marvellous. Wish I'd bought one years ago.

Edited by Retsdon

Diesel make some nice (and well made) man bags.

Including my bespoke "city" bag (with water bottle carrier and umbrella holder), I have 5 man bags in total. 4 leather, the diesel one heavy canvas.

Very useful bits of kit that I have used for 25+ years. 

I don't know what the problem is. Men have always had bags.

Laptop bag. Sports bag. Gun bag. Cartridge bag. Game bag. Camera bag.Fishing bag.

Essential contents: phone, first aid kit, house keys, car keys, cabinet keys, wallet, pen, notebook, tape measure.

Optional extras: Medication, reading book, legal penknife or multitool, hand gel. This list is endless depending on individual circumstances.

I am all for equality. Women have always had bags. Men can have them too. I have no problem with men having a bag.

9 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Laptop bag. Sports bag. Gun bag. Cartridge bag. Game bag. Camera bag.Fishing bag.

Essential contents: phone, first aid kit, house keys, car keys, cabinet keys, wallet, pen, notebook, tape measure.

Optional extras: Medication, reading book, legal penknife or multitool, hand gel. This list is endless depending on individual circumstances.

I am all for equality. Women have always had bags. Men can have them too. I have no problem with men having a bag.

The thing is we have NOT always used bags to carry around our bits and bobs. Women had bags far too big for their daily bits and bobs, so any spare room there partners used (after of course we are granted permission).

Now please don't bring our sporting bags into this, a fishing bag is a bag to hold our fishing gear, not our moisturiser and mascara, or a mobile phone. Our gun bags or for shooting related stuff. Bullets cartridges ect not again face cream or Willy wuftas make up. 

12 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Don't forget the other bag we men have!!!

On 20/08/2018 at 18:25, Dougy said:

What on earths going on here,

MAN BAGS,

What's up with pockets

Is this some kind of population reduction programme, men carrying round handbags, whats in them? makeup, hair brush, nail file and hairspray. 

Come on men can't you see your Man, Hunter instincts are being chipped away bit by bit, you go into boots and see the men's section selling face cream moisturiser for men, and I suppose it goes in the Manbag next to the eyeliner and lipstick. 

Unbelievable ?

Agreed, Dad never had a man bag nor did Grandfather and neither do I, I have a jacket with pockets to carry the few things I need, suppose they are OK for the West End Herberts though.