Another 'Huawei' question

Jaggsy

P20 pro has the lieca camera setup.

Cheapest place ? Use uSwitch to find out , they are usually cheaper than equivalent Samsung, but don't expect too much ,as they are an extremely popular handset now they are 'out there'

1 minute ago, The Burpster said:

Watching with interest as son has one and swears by it, daughter is about to upgrade and looks like a viable option. 

Would be interesting to see what those with them say about them? 

I'm very happy with mine ,came from Samsung 7 edge to P20 pro, I'm converted !

12 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Wasn't there something about Huawei phones being programmed to collect very sensitive data and  "spy" on the owner, in the news recently?

Either an urban rumour spread by other manufacturers or the reality of the 21st century. Do you not think that we're all being 'watched' electronically??

You will only find the best camera lenses on the flagship models due in part to the extra cost to manufactures but also to make you buy them.

Have a look at the best smart phone cameras, i did and the P20 didnt always come top. 

I wanted the P20 until it was released and i didn't like some features that its lacking so i am waiting for either the second gen 6 plus oneT  or the Pixel3 or the Samsung 10.

5 hours ago, Jaggsy said:

There was a thread on this section about Huawei phones but i can't find it.... is this the only phone with a Leica camera and is the P10 the one to have?  Finally....... cheapest place to get one on sim only?

TIA

Martin

It was me who started the thread, as I was in the market for a new one. I bought the P Smart one from Argos for £169, now its up to £179. This is a great phone (sim free ). I was that impressed with it I bought the Mrs one for her birthday. Buy one you wont regret it.

Ive had 2 now. Did have the original 'mate 6' then a Samsung S5 but got offered my current phone a mate 10 pro. Leica camera is outstanding (think 21 MP and read the reviews, it's aimed more at the user that knows how to use a camera properly, but I've no idea with the settings and leave it on auto)  4k video recording and it's got roughly a 2 day battery. It's ace. I loved the original and the Samsung tbh but moving onto this its so fast. Not to big in the hand either whereas the p20 was a bit too big. After handling and playing with the likes of s8s and iPhones this kicks *** by a long shot. As said read some top 10s this is in the top 5 usually. 

I got mine via O2 about 2 months ago, was on offer for no down payment for the phone, 10gb data, unlimited messages and calls for £32 a month on a 24month deal. But after 3 months you get a £360 cashback effectively making it cost, I think, £24 a month.

Oh it's got 6gb ram and 128gb storage. I've about 60 albums on and about 1/4 full ?

On 19/08/2018 at 11:38, Ricko said:

Either an urban rumour spread by other manufacturers or the reality of the 21st century. Do you not think that we're all being 'watched' electronically??

It was advice from the US authorities, CIA or some such, warning not to buy Huawei phones as China was covertly receiving/collecting sensitive data from Huawei phone handsets.

The fact that we are probably all being 'watched' electronically is no excuse to just accept it and make it easy for em!

I wouldn't get so hung up on the Leica lens, name isn't any guarantee of quality, i did a quick comparison on a p20 and my  pixel 2 in shop, and when you zoomed in the p20 lost a lot of detail compared to the pixel.
The p20 lens is good but it's not the best out there.

I'm not sticking up for Huawei at all, but the fact that if you have Facebook they record literally everything you do. Your phone calls they log ( not through Facebook but the actual phone), your address book, they track you, your messages they keep, pictures ect ect and tbh most people actually post this online anyway. Same as Google, hell they pretty much know every thing you do as 50% of the market is Android based. Through Google apps. Which you signed up for. And Apple, for that matter. Exactly the same.

So to the point that a Chinese brand is collecting data from a person who cuts hedges for a living, has no social life, is on zero media sharing sites (apart from a few forums), they are welcome to get bored. I'm not happy about it but hey I just use a proxy for most stuff online.

Plus I have zero trust in a American report against a business competitor as they are selling a **** load of tech, which the yanks, Japs and Koreans have had the lions share for years with over priced goods.