Help needed on stock

strimmer_13

I'm in the **** here, my uncle has given me a airsporter to clean up for him and whilst my back was turned my 3 year old decided to draw a line on the stock. Any ideas how to get it off?? I've tried wd40, no good, just had a go with thinners which worked to a point but I'm bricking it as I reckon it would take the finish off as well. The stock was immaculate until this happened. And it's that older BSA kinda varnish finish. Don't think re oiling would match. 

Any ideas on what to use?? 

15347007317534258771343739717605.jpg

20 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Strip the whole stock and refinish it and tell your uncle it looks so much better than before ?

And as as for leaving a 3 year old alone in a room with a gun the nanny state will be on you shortly ?

I was waiting for them I'm not going to lie. Heaven forbid that he crossed a garden, followed him mother into my workshop to put the tumble dryer on and touched a gun on my workbench whilst I was having a dump. I am definitely going to hell and my kid taken off me ?

If its a felt tip pen you could try this , BUT  try it out on something else first , i call it treating like with like . On something that has a varnish an old scrap bit of wood , what you do is go over were a felttip has been , just do a little at a time .

Rub the feltip over it , then straight away rub it of while still wet . Try it on an old piece it could work , i have had good luck with it before.  Nothing to loose if you then have to strip and oil , and oil finish is far better anyway .