the red arrows

nobbyathome

Yep, I live over behind Brands Hatch & we had them turning low in formation getting ready for their run in over Biggin Hill. Scared the living daylights out of the local pigeon population as they were banking down quite low over us. The wife, who likes scrolling through facebook saw a comment from sad individual who was complaining about low flying aircraft on a Sunday !!!!

Tempted to tell them to get a life.

Edited by JJsDad

'Twas great ? Sitting in the pub garden with a beer and some mates, watching the aircraft over the Darent Valley, heading towards Biggin.

Red Arrows, BBMF, Sally B, and something which might have been a Typhoon or two flying just low enough to be obscured by the yes from where we were.

And Merlin music all weekend as well ( the two-seat Spitfires always fly over our house, and they will occasionally do some more energetic manoeuvres over the valley, presumably if the passenger has a. paid for it, and b. has a strong enough stomach... ?

only saw it on the news last week? But they showed the F35s arriving in formation from America, only four or five but the looked the business.

And saw a program Britain from the air? They went up in a spitfire and the presenter who can fly got to take the controls, he was a bit happy, also showed a very big airship which i didn't know they were still making.

On 20/08/2018 at 10:50, nobbyathome said:

i am not a plane nerd but saturday and sunday there was an air show at biggin hill  most of the planes at the show flew over my house on route to the runway

the  sight and sounds  were  brilliant and the red arrows were gobsmacking   in formation 

They are brilliant but I preferred them when they were called ..... The Black Arrows .....About twice as many planes.