Does anyone make any rigs?

All I have is a  rod and reel

Edited by cookoff013

15 hours ago, cookoff013 said:

Any of you guys into beach casting?.

Thinking of starting up.

Does anyone make any rigs?

All I have is a  rod and reel

Go for it cookie. buy ready made rigs, leader and mainline, practice casting on the stubble first, then take yourself some mackerel strip bait and a rod rest down to the shingle beach at East lane, Shingle street or Dunwich and pull in a few whiting for tea. A good forum for info is World Sea Fishing

15 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Rigs are cheap enough to just grab off the shelf. 

As wymberley says, the few bits, some bait and get casting... And enjoy.. 

33 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Go for it cookie. buy ready made rigs, leader and mainline, practice casting on the stubble first, then take yourself some mackerel strip bait and a rod rest down to the shingle beach at East lane, Shingle street or Dunwich and pull in a few whiting for tea. A good forum for info is World Sea Fishing

:lol:

With the greatest of respect, Guys, you're talking to Cookoff. I can well imagine there's very little chance of that. He'll be "loading his own". :good:

30 minutes ago, wymberley said:

:lol:

With the greatest of respect, Guys, you're talking to Cookoff. I can well imagine there's very little chance of that. He'll be "loading his own". :good:

Indeed, and making his own leads,  jeez just think of the velocity comparisons he will make between beachcasters tip actions, putting them through chrono's and measuring distance.  TBH im not sure the until now peaceful world of beachcasting is ready for this

Edited by islandgun

Guest cookoff013

We have to. cast by hand? Can't they be loaded? I think I can fit a couple of sprats in a 3" magnum.

Ill just buy some for ease of situation. So this will be my super low tech hobby, minimal spend, maximum fun.

Edited by cookoff013

hello, what rod and reel do you have,  i use a 50 llb shock leader on to 18 or 20 llb line, rigs are easy to make say 2 hook for flatties or 1 hook and weight on the end for bass etc,  and there are a few ways of beach casting, i do the pendulum cast with 4/6 oz lead spiky or plain,  you do not need to cast miles 60/80/100 yards, , where you going to fish, i have been along the south coast with chesil beach a favourite, was good after a westerly blow.

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

1 hour ago, cookoff013 said:

I bought a cheap  £30 combo.

hello, i have a 3 pc 12 ft beach caster, bottom 2 eyes flick out, and a large Daiwa fixed spool beach reel must be 20 plus years old, always washed and dryed after fishing and a bit of 3 in 1 oil spray on rings and wipe over reel, so if you have rod/reel, you need a fillet knife/ trace wallet/ weights/ kit bag/seat/ big bait box, spare lines as i mentioned, spare hooks, swivels, clips, split rings etc , rag worm, lug worm, sand eel, peeler, etc, lots of info online to make traces and watch beach casting videos, cheers