Team GB F Class

Dekers

As some of you are aware I am Secretary of a small friendly Fullbore Club at Bisley and our members have had some success.  We already have one member who has shot for Team GB for several years and enjoyed levels of success in the European and World Championships.

Following his session at 1000 yards over the weekend, we now have a second member who has just been invited to train with Team GB over the winter.  This is excellent news all round but particularly when I tell you he is just 10 years old!  He first shot with my club 2 years ago at the age of 8, we had to get special permission and the NRA suggested he was the youngest they could remember, (they used to have a 14 minimum age) a dedicated Safety Officer from the NRA monitored him on the firing point for all of 15 minutes, then walked off saying he had no need to be there, he was spot on, we have had to supervise him closely as you can imagine, and comply with many NRA requirements, but what a result.

I am over the moon for him and it is so heartening to see a youngster taking such a mature attitude and showing many of his elders how to do it, a few more like him and the future is assured.

Edited by Dekers

21 minutes ago, Dekers said:

As some of you are aware I am Secretary of a small friendly Fullbore Club at Bisley and our members have enjoyed some success.  We already have one member who has shot for Team GB for several years and enjoyed levels of success in the European and World Championships.

Following his session at 1000 yards over the weekend, we now have a second member who has just been invited to train with Team GB over the winter.  This is excellent news all round but particularly when I tell you he is just 10 years old!  He first shot with my club 2 years ago at the age of 8, we had to get special permission and the NRA suggested he was the youngest they could remember, (they used to have a 14 minimum age) a dedicated Safety Officer from the NRA monitored him on the firing point for all of 15 minutes, then walked off saying he had no need to be there, he was spot on, we have had to supervise him closely as you can imagine, and comply with many NRA requirements, but what a result.

I am over the moon for him and it is so heartening to see a youngster taking such a mature attitude and showing many of his elders how to do it, a few more like him and the future is assured.

:good: good to hear, hope he has many successful years shooting.