Help anyone, Magnet motor total failure

Hi All, yesterday on a visit to some wheat stubble my lightweight magnet motor failed (again) for the 3rd time.

First two times it was just motor mount's coming loose then ripping out all together but this time the reduction gearbox has had a catastrophic failure, gears have stripped (only plastic) and I cannot locate a replacement for it, I have tried the usual places like AA and A1 plus shoot warehouse and done a net search but no good, I was hoping to just fit a new motor as I cannot afford another magnet, photos attached if anyone has any ideas 

Resizing the photos has reduced the detail, the shaft is 23mm long x 8mm diameter with a locating pin hole at the end, the details on the label reads LX-36 A545012050-139, dc 12v , 35 rpm, there is a chinese .com but its almost unreadable, legible part reads leixingm***.com (I think)

Motor/gearbox is 95mm long without the shaft and 35mm diameter

Thank you for your time, Alan

magnet 1.jpg

magnet 2.jpg

Edited by lakeside1000

23 hours ago, lakeside1000 said:

Lots of motors similar on the bay but nothing to replace this one, most are only 4 or 6 mm shaft size, this one is much heavier quality, I did contact A1, AA and UK shoot warehouse but got no help, still looking.

Try looking for battery drill motor and gear box , looks very much like an in-line drill or screw driver set up arrangement, plastic gears are for light duty go for metal gears.

Made a light weight one some years ago , used artificial birds and worked fine for several years till like me got worn out.?

Worth looking at any old drills and screwdrivers when the battery dies and the cost of replacing the battery can exceed the cost of buying a new tool if you like to make your own rotary's.

drill rotary.jpg

Edited by deny essex
addition

4 hours ago, deny essex said:

Try looking for battery drill motor and gear box , looks very much like an in-line drill or screw driver set up arrangement, plastic gears are for light duty go for metal gears.

Made a light weight one some years ago , used artificial birds and worked fine for several years till like me got worn out.?

Worth looking at any old drills and screwdrivers when the battery dies and the cost of replacing the battery can exceed the cost of buying a new tool if you like to make your own rotary's.

drill rotary.jpg

Deny .. You are a ruddy GENIUS ! :good: Guess who's got a battery-less 12v drill/driver in his workshop (somewhere) and a need to upgrade the puny motor on his home-made lightweight whirly .

My spare magnet motor started life as a windscreen motor , my mate bought the magnet second hand well over twenty years ago , when he packed up shooting 15 years or more he gave it me for nothing , since then I have got through several batteries , had the arms welded up a few times and yet the motor have never let me down and is still reliable , last year I bought another one off a P W member that is a lot lighter than mine so my old one is now in semi retirement .

• 1 month later...

As  a follow up to a battery drill rotary home build I found some of the parts used of an old one I used to use after a shed tidy in the picture above, made for use with artificial birds.

Parts in the picture top to bottom.

Single sweeper carbon telescopic arm of length just over 150 cms .  (ex Pound shop kids fishing rod)

Double fold up carbon telescopic arms, each arm near the same size as the single arm.

Fishing tripod rod rest with kicker /stabilisation plates made and attached with glassfibre.

plastic pipe which can be used to hold and encase the motor although in the above picture the motor was locked in the tube with glassfibre.

The motor shown is one I am going to use in a new  lightweight rotary (if I can ever remove the chuck screw)

Not shown , head scratching, naughty expletives and the odd hurt finger , but fun when it works out right.

Hope it helps you kit diyers.

drill rotary parts (600 x 323).jpg