please take time and help

ROBLATCH

https://www.change.org/p/durham-county-council-stop-the-cemetry-lockdown-at-bishop-auckland-town-cemetery

As a lot of you will be aware i recently lost my wife ,having two adult children with each of us supporting each other has been and still is a daunting experience. my son works 7 days a week from 9an till 9pm therefore giving him and many others no option of visiting loved ones. The people behind the problem are individual local councillor along with her friends who have recently purchased the gatehouse, the has been issues of anti social behaviour But only in the last year or so. i have family and friends also laid to rest in there and have never had any issues untill very recently. please help and support by signing this petetion .thank you .

Edited by ROBLATCH

24 minutes ago, ROBLATCH said:

https://www.facebook.com/rob.latcham.3?fb_dtsg_ag=AdzJHMO1j4K3evzfcbUe9pGGShDxVLkhZ7JDVLoEqZW_pw%3AAdxJDGrWgdWhM67_c2nn8z6kmGB75rlKVJVtfAR8DBpOL

Aas a lot of you will be aware i recently lost my wife ,having two adult children with each of us supporting each other has been and still is a daunting experience. my son works 7 days a week from 9an till 9pm therefore giving him and many others no option of visiting loved ones. The people behind the problem are individual local councillor along with her friends who have recently purchased the gatehouse, the has been issues of anti social behaviour But only in the last year or so. i have family and friends also laid to rest in there and have never had any issues untill very recently. please help and support by signing this petetion .thank you .

Nothing coming up when I clink on the link Rob. (Not on my computer anyway)

Signed

In addition to your petition it is not clear whether you have written to the appropriate authority and complained and received a response?

If not, then I suggest you do so and when they reject your request appeal to the Local Government Ombudsman. Nothing lost in doing so. They may agree with you. But I understand that the LGO would require you to  firstly demonstrate that you have tried to resolve the matter with those concerned. Hence the need to write. Good Luck.

yes i have done so bobba,and thank you for your supprt. some local councillors agree with me who also have loved ones in there, tbh all of this as started since the council sold cemetery lodge to a couple from out of the area. prior to this no problems really occured within the grounds. i can understand that people do require their privacy bu why purchase a property in a local open town cemetery, its not a garden to go along with the property, its a sacred place where we go to pay our respects to our loved ones.

i have tried reasoning with the council. some local councillors agree with me who also have loved ones in there, tbh no problems were reported within the cemetery prior to the sale of property within the grounds prior to this no problems really occured apart from the occasional anti social behaviour which was quickly nipped in the bud. i can understand that people do require their privacy but purchasing a property in a local open town cemetery, its not a garden to go along with the property, its a sacred place where we go to pay our respects to our loved ones and should be allowed to do son whenever we feel the need.

One idle thought.

Perhaps you should write to the council quoting the Freedom of Informatin Act ( google it first to get the right parts) and ask for a copy of the  restrictive covenants which are on the title deeds when they sold the gatehouse. There may be something there in terms of continuing public access which may assist you.

Alternatively, if you do not wish to alert the Council to your thinking then speak to Land Registry about how to get a copy of the register for the property. As I recall it's a matter of downloading and completing form OC1 and paying £7.00. The register for the building will show any restrictive covenants.

Good Luck.

Edited by Bobba