Tip for the chronically stupid

madmax666

Hi all,  just a quick tip for any thickos like myself who might think this is a good idea,  just because its wet outside don't think unpacking and opening your brand new 2 man pop-up shooting hide in a small lounge is a good idea coz ...it isn't., anyway  we are talking again.

cheers

MM

10 hours ago, madmax666 said:

No I haven't sorry, it was a try and get it down quick shortly after that... they do open a bit rapid don't they and a bit of a fight to get them back in the bag the first time.

MM

I was imagining a scene like those life rafts that inflate automatically!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

20 hours ago, madmax666 said:

Hi all,  just a quick tip for any thickos like myself who might think this is a good idea,  just because its wet outside don't think unpacking and opening your brand new 2 man pop-up shooting hide in a small lounge is a good idea coz ...it isn't., anyway  we are talking again.

cheers

MM

Saw the same thing happen in a tackle shop once, the shop assistant was real keen on showing us how easy they were to put up it took four of us half hour to get it back in the bag 

Looks like I am not the only one here  that leaves the brain in neutral, I tell you what like W570 says they are brill I really like the thought of sitting inside on my stool with my air rifle perched on my home made 2 green garden stick bi-pod with just a 2 pole net screen ready to do the doings on the woodies.  But I have to admit I am dreading the ensuing battle to get the sodding thing back in the bag, I am visualizing the thing folded in half and tied up and trying to jam it in the back of my small Astra estate..or hack sawn  into convenient size pieces...I wonder if woodies have a sense of humor. ?

Yes Whitetail these are not for the indoors.

MM

Edited by madmax666

Hi again, well I went out early this morning with my new hide, and like said by others they are brill..plenty of room inside for my seat and stuff and me out of the wind and sun as well.  I only had one woodie to the decoys but he's going with black pudding and eggs for tomorrows breakfast.  The bit I was dreading came ..time to take it down and pack it, it went up in seconds but took 25 mins of fighting to get the #'#@@@### thing back in the bag, and I still don't know how I did it.

Anyway a bit more practice with lots of swearing should get me down to 10 mins I think...

MM

Edited by madmax666

10 hours ago, Longbower said:

I have had the T-Pee , for about six years now, and it pops away in seconds . Its just familiarity with the thing . Brill hide.

I second that. Once you have learned where it wants to go and make the right moves, it goes in it's bag like a well trained .......dog ...tempted to say wife:lol:.

My T Pee has enabled me to ambush lots of stuff I would not have been able to.  I have a Stag chair which I made a rifle rest for and the combination is pretty final for any tree rat or deer which comes within a couple of hundred yards.

59 minutes ago, madmax666 said:

Oh dear...bet that was messy....

i had some tools in the footwell and something sharp was sticking out....and that is what the can hit...it didnt make a hole ...more of a slit...a litre and a half of thick yellow spray  went EVERYWHERE............

new

1. seats
  2. new foot rubber carpet
  3. all new head lining
  4. new consul (dashboard)

all my clothes were binned ........and 4 weeks later bits were still coming out of my nose and ears and hair

not fun....................mates wet themselves with laughter...as i did it on the way to work....they were queing up to have a look inside the van..........

25 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i had some tools in the footwell and something sharp was sticking out....and that is what the can hit...it didnt make a hole ...more of a slit...a litre and a half of thick yellow spray  went EVERYWHERE............

new

1. seats
  2. new foot rubber carpet
  3. all new head lining
  4. new consul (dashboard)

all my clothes were binned ........and 4 weeks later bits were still coming out of my nose and ears and hair

not fun....................mates wet themselves with laughter...as i did it on the way to work....they were queing up to have a look inside the van..........

?Would like to have seen that.:lol::lol:

No pictures??

My brother had a tube of expanding foam in a tool box and a similar thing happened, took him ages getting stuff out.

the wife also banned me from using expanding foam, i once sealed a front door from inside to stop the draft, so i didn't make any mess!! Have you tried getting that stuff off PVC and brickwork ???