Tip for the chronically stupid

madmax666

Went out again this morning with the hide, like last time exploded in seconds this time nearly taking my front teeth out..must remember to let it go the next time.  Time again to take it down and get it in the bag #'##@@@'' thing wouldn't close unlike last time, so I got it in half and jammed it in the back of the Astra estate and drove home like that. 

When I got home I dragged it out of the car and left it in the garden for me and the misses to have a bash at it later.  I had a big whisky coz my back was killing me but I was ready to do battle again,  misses came home and laughed here we go again.. I put my trainers on for floor grip.. she picked it up and I kid you not she had it folded and ready for the bag in under 15 secs I couldn't believe what I saw her do, it made me look a right div. ... I give up.  If it can be broken, hit, smashed or torn she's your man, the 2 man pop up hide is as easy as braking an egg to her.

A  really confused MM

Cheers.

Edited by madmax666

Hi all, I was watching one of those " how its made " progs recently it was about Purdey Guns and I didn't realise that they used Turkish Walnut in their stocks, the grain was out of this world took me by surprise a bit.  I have a Webley with the  Turkish wood and my Bother's Kral has the same but nothing like the Purdey wood.  I watched a bit of old tele earlier and Indoor League was on with Freddie Trueman..oh my word have things changed, the women playing darts you would not want to mess with they were the real thing, chucking feathered big Jim Pike brass darts and the fag in the other hand and my word could they throw them with  comments not allowed these days....how things have changed. ?

MM

Edited by madmax666

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:17, madmax666 said:

Went out again this morning with the hide, like last time exploded in seconds this time nearly taking my front teeth out..must remember to let it go the next time.  Time again to take it down and get it in the bag #'##@@@'' thing wouldn't close unlike last time, so I got it in half and jammed it in the back of the Astra estate and drove home like that. 

When I got home I dragged it out of the car and left it in the garden for me and the misses to have a bash at it later.  I had a big whisky coz my back was killing me but I was ready to do battle again,  misses came home and laughed here we go again.. I put my trainers on for floor grip.. she picked it up and I kid you not she had it folded and ready for the bag in under 15 secs I couldn't believe what I saw her do, it made me look a right div. ... I give up.  If it can be broken, hit, smashed or torn she's your man, the 2 man pop up hide is as easy as braking an egg to her.

A  really confused MM

Cheers.

Did it make you Mad Max ??? its the same with the stuff the kids have that pop up, think its more technique needed than aggression, which is why i leave it to the wife.

As for your Turkish delight, maybe get the stock stripped and re done, i would imagine purdey spend a bit more time and care than most, 

Mice, yes you are right Purdey will use the best grained wood for their gun stocks I was just surprised it  was Turkish, for some reason I would have thought Italian walnut.  On  the last day out when I had the fight with the hide I had problems getting my stakes for my netting which I put just in front of the hide into the ground..it was too hard.  So what I did was cut a section out of the netting and made a poncho and draped it over me, with my face mask and camo hat I just sat on my stool in the hide open at the front with the rifle on my bipod  facing the decoys, the pigeons came in  and couldn't see me at all and just walked about in front of me till I shot... so thats the plan for the future.

My brothers Kral, has great tiger stripes on one side of the stock but isnt matched on the other, it would have looked really good if it was matched up.

Cheers

MM

Edited by madmax666