Squeak In CR-V Clutch Pedal

marsh man

Evening all ..... First of all I would like to thank all the members for there help and advice in recommending a small 4 x 4 and the help I got after I got one .

Now we are up and running and my spare wheel arrived today I am very happy with the motor , spotlessly clean and everything seem to be running as it should , the only annoying thing I have found so far is the clutch pedal squeak , I have looked it up on the net and it seem to be a common fault , one chap said he cured it by taking the pedal off , drilling a small hole in the rod and by using a syringe inject some lubricating grease .

This is totally behind me but if it work I will get it done when the m o t is due .

Have you wise men out there had the same problem and if so , How did you overcome it .

MANY THANKS for your help . MM

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

Was about to say shoot the mouse .....joking apart you have to find some way of getting lubrication in there obviously. A spray with penetrating oil to start with see if that gets in and save all the disassembly.

THANKS Walker , the chap who I bought it off did tell me about the squeak but with the excitement of giving it a test drive I didn't notice it to much at the time , he did say he tried W D 40 , and it came with receipts of a new clutch 18 months ago.

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

I had exactly the same issue on a 2011 plate CRV. It went back to the dealers at the time three times and they were unable to sort it.  Wife sold it. 

If that had been a 2008, it might had been your wife who I bought it off :lol:

9 hours ago, mr smith said:

A lot of Honda's seem to do it not just crv's,the usual dealer's answer is to replace the master cylinder which the rod goes into.Mine is a 2004 and just learned to live with it in fact the only time I notice it is when someone points it out.

Yes , I dare say the more I get used to it the more I could live it but with every thing else working as it should it would be nice to get it sorted if the expense wasn't to bad , but thanks Mr Smith for replying .

8 hours ago, Mice! said:

are you sure its not your knee squeaking? Turn up the radio ?

Or challenge Ditchy to cure it, a few hints should have him dreaming about it, he'll probably end up asking to fix it because he can't get it out of his head.

Everything else squeak on my worn out body , but touch wood my knees would pass a medical m o t with no advisories .

I dare say if anyone in our fine county could sort it ,then I would bet what little money I have got left that the mechanical genius from the outbacks could lay it to rest , but , and its a big but , Ditchie don't often come out my way and the last time I went out Cantley way , it took the urban search and rescue team two days to come out and find me in the wilderness .:lol:

21 hours ago, johnnytheboy said:

Mines did that, it’s only a pain in traffic ? I sprayed it with silicone spray, went away and came back and I sprayed again, you can guess how the story goes from here 

Did you cure it ? , or found another way to solve the problem ? , seem as if we are not alone .

try spraying bicycle or motorcycle chain grease (aerosol) onto all pivot point at top of the pedal inc spring etc it creeps into everything then sets if that fails remove the master cylinder and put some grease on the pushrod that should sort it out all the best

Edited by Saltings

18 minutes ago, Saltings said:

try spraying bicycle or motorcycle chain grease (aerosol) onto all pivot point at top of the pedal inc spring etc it creeps into everything then sets if that fails remove the master cylinder and put some grease on the pushrod that should sort it out all the best

THANKS for that , I have made a note of all the suggestions and will be passed on when the m o t is due and hopefully will get sorted .    Cheers     M M

• 4 weeks later...

Buying an auto sorted mine  !      Just a slight aside, my CRV is on Michelin road tyres.  At a shoot last Saturday, I went to all the places that the Rangey's and 4 x 4 pick up's went, only stopping short on 1 drive,  by a lack of ground clearance. The very wet clay ground, although very slippy (even under foot), failed to stop the CRV.  It is no Land Rover for sure, but I did average 45/gallon on the run to the shoot and in a degree of comfort too.  

Mine does the same , so does the clutch pedal in my IDGAFWIPI car (an old Jazz)! its a Honda thing So!

Open the drivers door 

get on knees outside the car 

illuminate the foot well with a light of sort.

lean into the car with your upper body

with left hand follow the clutch pedal , up to its pivot point (where it pivots on a crossbar)

With your right hand , spray some lubricating liquid (wd40 (lasts a month), White grease (lasts a  year or so), onto the pivot point where your left fingers are.

Depress the pedal a few times to ensure lubrication has penetrated the squeaky culprit.

Wipe away any excess fluid from pedal area , especially the brake pedal.

CRV's are fab , i'm on my second 2.2 diesel , iand love it !

18 hours ago, Longbower said:

Mine does the same , so does the clutch pedal in my IDGAFWIPI car (an old Jazz)! its a Honda thing So!

Open the drivers door 

get on knees outside the car 

illuminate the foot well with a light of sort.

lean into the car with your upper body

with left hand follow the clutch pedal , up to its pivot point (where it pivots on a crossbar)

With your right hand , spray some lubricating liquid (wd40 (lasts a month), White grease (lasts a  year or so), onto the pivot point where your left fingers are.

Depress the pedal a few times to ensure lubrication has penetrated the squeaky culprit.

Wipe away any excess fluid from pedal area , especially the brake pedal.

CRV's are fab , i'm on my second 2.2 diesel , iand love it !

2 hours ago, sharpeshooter60 said:

as longbow did mate 

Much appreciated , THANKS for your time and help .