Sthil BG86..Rattle

ditchman

well im updating my garden a machinery....so i thought i would splash out and get a Sthil Blower BG86.....

so i bought one

nice and quiet....easy to operate...light...powerful...(not the small one the semi commercial one)

1. first time i used it ........100% perfect
  2. 2nd time ...fine  but a small rattle from the unit...
  3. 3rd time....when warmed up and working at half rev's it starts to rattle
  4. 4th time...when first used ...fine...then when warm...it rattles from the recoil starter side
  5. 5th time i use it..it is getting worse...so i phoned Acle and they said bring it in ASAP
  6. just ran it up just now...yup....getting worser....

i never run anything at full revs...maybe just for a second or two...if i need to do it more often i need a bigger machine....thats the way i see it

went on the internet......yup ....BG86 rattle problem.....dosnt say what it is but some folk are pointing towards the engine fault

QUESTION..........

has anyone had a problem with a similar Sthil machine...and what was the cause.............(im not touching this machine as its only 5 days old and well under warranty)

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

That will be the snail that crawled in!

not the same snail that crawled out of your bottom ..surely..!

(there is some bloke has posted in "shooting ferreting and beating"...that he wants "Girl guides for stalky weekend"...........dont we all ?..)

Edited by ditchman

22 minutes ago, johnphilip said:

Simon . Sound like something has come loose. Maybe not tight in the first place.

dont know...........im not taking it apart...cause 

1. it will void the warranty
  2. im fed up with fixing stuff thats why i splashed out to buy sthil

im not well pleased.................my sthil strimmer is the muts nuts and i use it a lot ..........but this blower...is a damn useful tool...but im annoyed cause i didnt expect to be sold a bit of rubbish from sthil

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

dont know...........im not taking it apart...cause 

1. it will void the warranty
  2. im fed up with fixing stuff thats why i splashed out to buy sthil

im not well pleased.................my sthil strimmer is the muts nuts and i use it a lot ..........but this blower...is a damn useful tool...but im annoyed cause i didnt expect to be sold a bit of rubbish from sthil

Good well i hope you get it sorted soon . And have no more problems . I use mine when i have been cutting logs , saves trying to get the saw dust out of the gravel . 

• 2 weeks later...

up shot of this.............................spoke to Sthil UK....they have taken it very seriously.....they have had it picked up...and it is going back to Germany to the technicle dept' ...they arnt saying much but what they have said i will keep to myself for the while.......

altogether im well impressed...that they are not treating me as a numpty...

i will let you know as to the outcome...:good:

43 minutes ago, ditchman said:

up shot of this.............................spoke to Sthil UK....they have taken it very seriously.....they have had it picked up...and it is going back to Germany to the technicle dept' ...they arnt saying much but what they have said i will keep to myself for the while.......

Is that a novelty?? :innocent: 

9 hours ago, ditchman said:

9 hours ago, hambone said:

Is that a novelty?? :innocent: 

No answer yet!

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

Hey watch it he will send the big gurl around to sort you ?

A visit from fat Sarah!:lol: