VW Touareg

army646

Has anyone had a VW Touareg 3.0ltr V6 diesel? Was told they were bad news by a mechanic in terms of reliability and also how hard they are to work on. For the amount of 'serious' off road stuff I do and for what you can pick a low mileage example up for, they are tempting

1 hour ago, army646 said:

Has anyone had a VW Touareg 3.0ltr V6 diesel? Was told they were bad news by a mechanic in terms of reliability and also how hard they are to work on. For the amount of 'serious' off road stuff I do and for what you can pick a low mileage example up for, they are tempting

I’m on my second, which year are you referring to?

• 2 years later...
On 23/08/2018 at 19:23, army646 said:

I know this is old thread but I ended up here after reading about the honda (good luck) - I had a 2016 Touareg 3.0 V6 R Line - Awesome performance and cheap as chips for the spec at the time.

I only had it on lease for 24m so at that old I wouldnt expect to have any issues - I would buy one from then (2015/2016) now as long as it had been serviced but wouldnt buy the older model like pre 2005 or something. You can get really really cheap ones if you wait.

I also tend to look at the MoTs History - firstly check the mileage is consistent but if you see a lot of fails over time with things like tyres, split rubbers and leaks and stuff that would normally be picked up by and decent garage that services it you can be fairly confident it's not been proactively maintained.

D