Tikka T1x MTR.

Pigeon Shredder.

Got the hmr waiting in the shop.just got to sit back and wait for my 1 for 1 variation to come through...I will put a full report on up on here as soon as i put it through some testing.hope i made the right move trading in the old cz..time will tell

I  picked up mine in .17hmr on Thursday.

took it out this morning to zero and so far I really like it, I have a t3x in .222 and really like the feel of the tikkas generally hence why I got the hmr.

unfortunately rain stopped play this morning but looking forward to using it on the rabbits.

looks like I will be selling my cz 452 in hmr 

20180825_095448.jpg

20180823_184545.jpg

Edited by belly47

1 hour ago, belly47 said:

I  picked up mine in .17hmr on Thursday.

took it out this morning to zero and so far I really like it, I have a t3x in .222 and really like the feel of the tikkas generally hence why I got the hmr.

unfortunately rain stopped play this morning but looking forward to using it on the rabbits.

looks like I will be selling my cz 452 in hmr 

20180825_095448.jpg

20180823_184545.jpg

wont regret it mate. mine is a cracking rifle. always had tikka cf's so it was a no brainer for me

Variation came through the letter box at 8.15 sat morning.at the gun shop at 9am to pick up the tikka hmr.box of Remington box of Winchester to try against the hornady that shot so well in the cz.got home mounted a cheap hawke 4-12-50 and screwed on the sak mod..that 16 inch barrel still looked real short even with the mod on.also lightened the trigger to 2 1/2 lb.out to the ground to get it set up.target out at 50 and 100yd.bore sighted and on target at 50 in 4 shots.very impressed with how it feels and the trigger is crisp.at 50yds the hornady and Remington's were punching 1 ragged hole.winnies not so well.time to take it to 100 yds.bit of a inconsistent crosswind so tried to take shots in a lull.hard work trying to get the wind right.again managed to get the hornady and rems in an inch group.2 inch with the Winchesters.happy with that considering the wind.i will give it some more testing when the winds in my favour.so far impressed with it.out on the rabbits tonight.

Edited by rangey

I've had my eye on one of these all year but wanted to wait until a few people had tested them and were happy before putting down a deposit on one.

What length barrel are people going for? My current thinking is 16" with a SAK like Rangey. Expected usage is rabbits at 70 yards plus as below that my preference would be one of my FAC air rifles to minimise the disturbance to the horses. Would that make the 20" a better bet or will the 16" still shoot better than me anyway?!

Thanks

Stuart

After a couple of sessions out with the tikka I'm loving the 16inch barrel.so much easier from a vehicle.i will run a few rounds through the chrono at the weekend to see if there is any significant difference in velocity compared to the 20inch 452.certainly not noticed any difference in the field so not really worried about a small velocity drop

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting. Don't think it's worth selling both mine just yet as I doubt the T1X is going to give me a significant upgrade but I take what you mean about the magazine. I don't like the look of the 10 shot ones on the P94S although because I can produce the 5 shot so cheaply I just carry all my ammunition in magazines that sit flush anyway.

The magazine well on the P94S is a pretty flimsy affair - I wonder if it might be possible to design a different well to take a flush fitting 10 shot mag... hmmmm...

On 26/08/2018 at 22:26, Houseplant said:

I would love one of those, especially as I now have a Tikka centrefire. 16inch 22LR threaded barrel straight out the box, very nice! If they produced a stainless version, my CZ would be looking for a new home! 

As above,  I would have one sat in my cabinet now if they did it in SS

• 3 weeks later...

Just got Tikka t1x 17hmr 16 inch week ago absolutely brilliant no faults or any need for any improvements this is by far the best rimfire and great price 

i bought it from gun room at Ivybridge 

Also have tbolt 22 rf great gun few niggles nothing major 

Also Ruger 10/22 stainless target great gun no problems 

All the above are hole through hole 

• 5 weeks later...