Series 2a

ShootingEgg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, la bala said:

Good for you. Does the old girl need any work.

Ordered new locks and ignition already, will need a once over on engine as has a little miss fire, brakes need bleeding and clutch pedal comes up and clutch follows a few seconds later. But its a runner... Nothing major body work wise though I dont think. But hey, always time for a surprise or two. 

Oh and she is Bright red inside... 

16 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Ordered new locks and ignition already, will need a once over on engine as has a little miss fire, brakes need bleeding and clutch pedal comes up and clutch follows a few seconds later. But its a runner... Nothing major body work wise though I dont think. But hey, always time for a surprise or two. 

Oh and she is Bright red inside... 

The little bits you are paying for now you have already saved by being tax exempt, you can be MOT exempt also. I dont really agree with MOT exemption and will continue to get mine done.

5 minutes ago, la bala said:

The little bits you are paying for now you have already saved by being tax exempt, you can be MOT exempt also. I dont really agree with MOT exemption and will continue to get mine done.

Am definitely getting a mate to give it a once over at his garage, id rather have the piece of mind.. 

15 minutes ago, ditchman said:

same block as the 2.25l desiel..........nice little steady petrol motor...Zenith carb ?.....:good:the original galvinising is proberly still there under the paint on the rad grill.......what was the original colour .."sand"..?

Looks like original colour was red, but i maybe wrong... 

And it has a webber carb on it, thinl that was done in 2013

7 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Free wheeling hubs too!

And yep they are, go a bit of a steal to be honest, there is obviously things that need doing but i knew unless i put silly money down id not get anything to fancy, and wouldn't be fun if od not got some work to do. 

I had a 2A, 2 1/4 Diesel for about 12 years, that was over 30 years ago, free wheeling hubs, fairey overdrive, Michelin Range Rover road tyres etc, went all over England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales in it, when it rained it leaked like a sieve, only let me down on a trip once, broke a pushrod in rural Devon!...........Rebuilt the engine due to crank case compression blowing oil through the breather (used to carry a gallon of engine oil in the back Until I sorted it! Lol!) rebuilt the transfer box.....twice!!.........oil leaked from everywhere....but in the end I sold it for more than I paid for it.......great memories, but mixed emotions! Lol!