Series 2a

ShootingEgg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, CaptainBeaky said:

P!ss-taking aside, it looks pretty tidy, and I must confess to a hankering after a nice Series, although maybe not as a only vehicle.

This isnt the daily... Purely a project for the weekends and evenings... Im expecting blood sweat tears and big smiles. Not so many smiles though haha

you get that engine running right and the proper exhaust...........it will run quiet and sweet as a nut.......iff you hone out the bores and put new rings in it..new dis' cap and leads plugs...and clean re-jet the carb...you will fine that it is quiet nippy...........

8 minutes ago, ditchman said:

you get that engine running right and the proper exhaust...........it will run quiet and sweet as a nut.......iff you hone out the bores and put new rings in it..new dis' cap and leads plugs...and clean re-jet the carb...you will fine that it is quiet nippy...........

Already got new dis and plugs, new carb, leads quite possibly done too

So today i dropped to the yard and started tinkering.

Got the carb tweeked so its running sweet, too the door tops off, they will need replacing at some point as the previous owner riveted the drivers side to the bottom of door.  Passenger side rotted a bit, use able but will need new. Who ever painted it decided to do it with everything still on, so when trying to take off the drivers door handle, one bolt is painted solid.. So that will be fun to get off... 

Have ordered new wiper blade kit and again they have been painted over and the grub screw on pass side is solid.. Why do people do this haha

The list will definitely get longer of things to do. I might just drive it and do little bits as I get to it. 

off to a good start then-I used to run my swb series3 with the door tops off and windscreen folded flat around central London in all weathers-great fun.

I have a series bonnet with the knife edge front for free should anyone near York need one.

keep us posted with your progress.

cheers

f.

11 minutes ago, Fuddster said:

off to a good start then-I used to run my swb series3 with the door tops off and windscreen folded flat around central London in all weathers-great fun.

I have a series bonnet with the knife edge front for free should anyone near York need one.

keep us posted with your progress.

cheers

f.

Slow but steady, just want to tidy it up and get it used, will be getting a garage to give it a once over as its been sorn for close to 8 years, so id be happier knowing nothing is hiding.. 

8 minutes ago, oowee said:

Not so bad if you can run around in it whilst your doing bits to it. looks like a great winter project ?

Hope so.. Will definitely be able to use it as I go. Then once its cleaned up I will sort out a fresh coat of paint on it, might even make inside and out the same colour haha 

Took the girl (2a) out today, picked up some poults from mates where we had reared them and over to the pen, drives well in high and low range, the clutch and brakes really need sorting the brakes and there just not sharp, the clutch is stiff and comes up slowly which makes gear changes interesting. Found the fluid res was practically empty so filled and bled the slave, but that hasn't improved either. Bit of work to do now. 

DSC_1790.jpg

Edited by ShootingEgg

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the actual 2a... I was able to swap out the ignition barrel today, have taken a few of the water hoses off, and will be taking the rad out to flush it, then put a new water pump on and put rad back in. Clutch is still needing work. Hard to push pedel down but it does, returns fine but then takes a while for the rod to go back into the slave. 

So have a few things to do.. 

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

"the games afoot".................:yahoo:

how much are you going to do ?

The more I tinker the more I think of, bought a correct period engine today ooops.. So now i have one truck and two engines haha, looking at the front bumper, its had a capstan winch on it. Would love to put one on it again.. But fairey ones are rare, and new are ££££££ and i dont have that at the moment haha.