Series 2a

ShootingEgg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

always used to have trouble bleeding the brakes on seris land rovers.......i have no trouble doing mine tho'....i just couldnt get them right............

I have had the same problem when fitting master cylinders. Did try one of those easy bleed things but couldnt get on with it..

1 hour ago, la bala said:

I have had the same problem when fitting master cylinders. Did try one of those easy bleed things but couldnt get on with it..

my problem was the bloody thing used to pressurize and the brakes would lock on..........always use to file the leading edges off....but the problem was the throw of the master cylinder....it was always sort of acting as a one way valve..........i never did get to the bottom of it.........

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

my problem was the bloody thing used to pressurize and the brakes would lock on..........always use to file the leading edges off....but the problem was the throw of the master cylinder....it was always sort of acting as a one way valve..........i never did get to the bottom of it.........

Yep filing the leading edge is a good way forward.

56 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Well the cylinder has turned up, *** brske master written all. Over the box, the invoice is for a brake master, but it looks like the clutch master.. And nothing like the current master cyl that's curreon the vehicle.. Never easy hey 

Your having some bad luck with wrong spares turning up. Hope you get sorted. If it was a common old series 3 you wouldnt have a problem.:lol:

2 minutes ago, la bala said:

Your having some bad luck with wrong spares turning up. Hope you get sorted. If it was a common old series 3 you wouldnt have a problem.:lol:

Well i bought series 2a hoses but the thibg has an s3 engine. And I dont get how the master cyl delivered says brake but definitely looks different.. Damn annoying 

well it looks to me that you have the correct one.............whats the problem..?

do you know what a steam cleaner is....?........just thro a load of parafeen over it ....leave it for 10 mins ..then hot power wash it off....pleeeeeeese:lol:

Edited by ditchman

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

well it looks to me that you have the correct one.............whats the problem..?

do you know what a steam cleaner is....?........just thro a load of parafeen over it ....leave it for 10 mins ..then hot power wash it off....pleeeeeeese:lol:

Img i put shows the clutch master in full view, brake one is a lump, with inlet and outlet vertical, and the unit is round not slim. Will put up a better img. Maybe my lack of knowledge is showing through. 

And when i get to it I'll clean the Bay up... Or leave it long enough that you'll crack and drive to Somerset yourself :lol:

Edited by ShootingEgg

5 hours ago, la bala said:

I am a little confused, your saying the cylinder on the right is clutch. It looks like brake to me.

Thats because the one on the right on the image is the clutch, the larger darker looking one on the top left of the image above the res is what moves when the brake peddle is applied 

Edited by ShootingEgg