Series 2a

ShootingEgg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Well it's been a while, and to be honest I've just been enjoying driving the truck. But now I'm starting to do little bits to it. The new exhaust is on and all okay, i currently have the floor panels out and will be taking the gear box tunel out and seat box out so I can access the transmission box etc to do seals there. I have fitted new headlights and surrounds and it looks much smarter. The carb is off and I have an overhaul kit for that. So got a list of Jo s to get o. With now. Front grill off and trying to get it back to silver as previous owner painted it back.. 

13 minutes ago, ditchman said:

...... when you take the tunnel off....before you put it back on...line it with soundproofing..(the stick on stuff)

Why?     Surely anybody who has much experience of travelling in a Series 2 is likely to be already deaf as a post (and probably suffering from haemorrhoids, if the seats and suspension are as I remember them).   Soundproofing will just increase the risk of hearing what passengers have to say about about comfort levels in the vehicle.

23 minutes ago, McSpredder said:

Why?     Surely anybody who has much experience of travelling in a Series 2 is likely to be already deaf as a post (and probably suffering from haemorrhoids, if the seats and suspension are as I remember them).   Soundproofing will just increase the risk of hearing what passengers have to say about about comfort levels in the vehicle.

This is true..............