Series 2a

ShootingEgg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Floors going back in because I need to use it and well I can't with no floors. Have painted them in matt black to give them a bit of protection, and the rubber matts will go in to. Have put new gear stick rubber on and new hilo and 4*4 knobs on. 

Also Sorted the winch drive shaft spring, So one step closer to fitting it. 

IMG-20190826-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20190826-193837.jpg

call me a silly old codger..........but you are a bit naughty painting the capstan...not the body ...the capstan......when you use  it ....it might "snatch"  and injure something....it needs to be smooth to allow it to slip and thus be controlerble............

use a high speed wire brush to get it nice a smooth and clean.............how it is now is like putting glue on your clutch....:good:

now get it sorted or we will come over and smack yer bum...:w00t:

Ah man it looks pretty though, can I not just 1500 wet n dry the pretty glossy black to make it slippery, how you like it :lol:

5 minutes ago, ditchman said:

call me a silly old codger..........but you are a bit naughty painting the capstan...not the body ...the capstan......when you use  it ....it might "snatch"  and injure something....it needs to be smooth to allow it to slip and thus be controlerble............

use a high speed wire brush to get it nice a smooth and clean.............how it is now is like putting glue on your clutch....:good:

now get it sorted or we will come over and smack yer bum...

20 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Ah man it looks pretty though, can I not just 1500 wet n dry the pretty glossy black to make it slippery, how you like it

wire brush it all off....if it snatches it will pull the front of the landy off..........polish it...then put a bit of silicon grease on it to keep it shiny...

i dont know where you are but if you are ever passing i can give you 25-30 metres of 5tonne rated kevelar inner rope with braided outer.............

8 hours ago, ditchman said:

wire brush it all off....if it snatches it will pull the front of the landy off..........polish it...then put a bit of silicon grease on it to keep it shiny...

i dont know where you are but if you are ever passing i can give you 25-30 metres of 5tonne rated kevelar inner rope with braided outer.............

Sound advice.

24 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

When I come to use it I will do this. Right now it's going to be a bit more of a feature lol as I don't have anything to winch 

Hah!!  but how do you know when you are going to need that winch.  Good advice from Mr D.  I had a puncture in my Landy this week and no problem put the high lift in the rear mount and then looked for the two wheel blocks I had made to stop the Lndy moving forward or backwards which can happen with a high lift.  I had taken them out because I had not ever had a punture ever. Fortunately found a fence post in the ditch which served the purpose otherwise it would have been GreenFlag and a very red face.  I would be getting it done asap.

12 hours ago, ShootingEgg said:

Got new coil fitted and new leads, turns out having all cylinders firing makes a big difference haha. HT lead was in bits at the dizzy end. Have loosened off the idle speed and sounds great now... Runs sweet too

I have had watches that did not run that nice.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Yeah the drivers side can see the nuts n bolts. And the passenger side looks like its been filled with weld. 

Think pass side is more than a bit of rust :lol: 

Front Dumb iron repair piece about 35 quid, angle grinder with cutting wheel and welder. Easy fix, I covered it on here sometime ago.

Edited by la bala