Findhorn Bay wildfowling mediation to begin

Fen tiger

I doubt the leftie antis up there want to reach any agreement, most on the antis side are, from what I hear/read morally opposed to shooting and want Wildfowling firstly at least, severely restricted, and finally banned! And they are reportedly, prepared to use direct action and intimidation against a legal pursuit, in order to get it!

Interesting times?

Sitting in a Cafe in Forres last week with wife,I was wearing a Norfolk jacket & reading a copy of Sporting gun, the scowls I got from a female? sitting at an adjacent table would have curdled milk, I don,t know her leaning but a visit to a   charity shop for decent clothes would have helped. Some makeup &  a   bra wouldn,t have hurt either.

2 hours ago, guzzicat said:

Sitting in a Cafe in Forres last week with wife,I was wearing a Norfolk jacket & reading a copy of Sporting gun, the scowls I got from a female? sitting at an adjacent table would have curdled milk, I don,t know her leaning but a visit to a   charity shop for decent clothes would have helped. Some makeup &  a   bra wouldn,t have hurt either.

??

31 minutes ago, Passionforangling said:

"The next meeting will take place within a fortnight" 

14 days after the press release date of the 23rd August takes us into the first week of September. I wonder what has been happening behind the scenes since 20th February?

I dread to think whats gone on since February, however i think we must stay positive despite the gloomy outlook as we have right on our side and naive on my part  i admit but i still  like to think right will prevail.

when politics gets in the mix it's never good

If the council wasn't capable to stamping their foot and say to the new waive af antis residents:  'this is a shooting area; live with it '(like in Aberlady for instance) than it ain't gonna happen.

Shooting will get restricted more and more till theyr're content and since they bring money to the area they will always have the upper hand over the centenary tradition of shooting the bay.

That is also a good technique to start preventing shooting: buy hose or farm near an area where shooting is good and start protesting; soon you'll get enough support to sway the councils feeling and ban shooting from the area....

On 24/08/2018 at 13:43, guzzicat said:

Best thing to do is smile politely :lol:

I have to say I’d love to go to the findhorn more as a result of this as I think it could easily turn into a use it or lose it situation and very much a “tip of the iceberg”. But I only went once I and I can’t be hopped with folk setting up a hide 20 yards to my side? You go for peace and quiet. Not shoulder to shoulder with folk just to try and drop a goose.

7 minutes ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Best thing to do is smile politely

I have to say I’d love to go to the findhorn more as a result of this as I think it could easily turn into a use it or lose it situation and very much a “tip of the iceberg”. But I only went once I and I can’t be hopped with folk setting up a hide 20 yards to my side? You go for peace and quiet. Not shoulder to shoulder with folk just to try and drop a goose.

I stay away from the Village end (Cowboy corner) people shooting close to village, as they don,t have a long walk, birds come off, get shot, try to go back & drop among houses, more ammo for antis,

2 hours ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Best thing to do is smile politely

This is one if the beauties of proper club-run marshes. That kind if thing would not happen where I shoot. Etiquette is something that should be followed.

1 hour ago, motty said:

This is one if the beauties of proper club-run marshes. That kind if thing would not happen where I shoot. Etiquette is something that should be followed.

I have to say if someone did that with me on club ground I’d ‘politely’ ask/tell them to move along 40 yards. But it seems to be the norm on the findhorn so you can’t do much about it. Eitiquette is the word..

On 24/08/2018 at 13:43, guzzicat said:

I used to stay in Forres lovely wee place 

On 26/08/2018 at 16:14, wildfowler.250 said:

I have to say if someone did that with me on club ground I’d ‘politely’ ask/tell them to move along 40 yards. But it seems to be the norm on the findhorn so you can’t do much about it. Eitiquette is the word..

Unfortunately it is mostly visiting guns to to Scotland for the free shore shooting access that end up spoiling it in some areas. Although there clubs in various areas around the coasts they cant stop or charge anyone for shooting and personally there is no etiquette in shore wild fowling just a little bit of common sense and a polite request to move further along the shore.

My experience of antis was costly, having parked in the same place morning and night I returned on the Friday night before I headed home to find two tyres slashed. I had to call a tow truck and spend £140 on two second hand tyres but they got me home and thank god there was a man who knows a man open at midnight on a Friday. This yr I plan on setting bear traps (joke) and a trail cam/ dash cam

I reported it it to the local police but its hardly the crime of the century.  Needless to say I am went fowling last yr and will continue Forever.

if the Scottish foreshore became as regulated as it in England it would definitely lose its appeal to me and may price out some of the locals who I would argue have a right or entitlement to continue their fowling as they have always done. Whether the locals follow the rules  5 shot semi / using lead I cannot say but given I leave a load of steel for one my mates when  I leave I can only speak for my two mates who get the bird in range rather than sky busting with lead.

I always say hello to the locals as I appreciate I’m on their turf. Of the English Fowler’s I have met up there none appeared to have read up on law over non toxic shot which doesn’t help the image. 

On 08/09/2018 at 00:03, Charlie Anderson said:

My experience of antis was costly, having parked in the same place morning and night I returned on the Friday night before I headed home to find two tyres slashed. I had to call a tow truck and spend £140 on two second hand tyres but they got me home and thank god there was a man who knows a man open at midnight on a Friday. This yr I plan on setting bear traps (joke) and a trail cam/ dash cam

I reported it it to the local police but its hardly the crime of the century.  Needless to say I am went fowling last yr and will continue Forever.

if the Scottish foreshore became as regulated as it in England it would definitely lose its appeal to me and may price out some of the locals who I would argue have a right or entitlement to continue their fowling as they have always done. Whether the locals follow the rules  5 shot semi / using lead I cannot say but given I leave a load of steel for one my mates when  I leave I can only speak for my two mates who get the bird in range rather than sky busting with lead.

I always say hello to the locals as I appreciate I’m on their turf. Of the English Fowler’s I have met up there none appeared to have read up on law over non toxic shot which doesn’t help the image. 

Wait till the RAF move back in the tree huggers will not have it all their own way !!!!