75 Bird Charity Shoot 21st. October

webber

English Sporting

75 Birds shot over 10 stands.

Open to all.

High  Gun £100 Cash

Other prizes include R&ASC Member High Gun

Lady High Gun & Junior High Gun  (18 Yrs)

Have A Go Shotgun & Have A Go Archery

Prize Raffle drawn at 1pm on the day.  Tickets sold at the shoot and in the Norgas Gun Shop.

Plenty of Car Parking

Cafe opens at 9am.

Shooting commences at 10am

NO Wad restrictions.

Fiocchi Cartridges available.

£26 per entry.  Re entry permitted.

Pre Booking of Squads or Individual shooters is encouraged but not essential.

It would be great to see a squad or two from Pigeon Watch Members in the North West.

Shoot is in aid of Willowbrook Hospice & Macmillan Nurses

http://www.astleygunclub.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Send Message

ABOUT

K_OGwpx8BF-.png

•  
  •  

Write a comment...

· 

Edited by webber

We've raised just over £3,000 which will be making its way to Willowbrook Hospice and Macmillan Nurses over the next couple of days.
Congratulations to Michael Pennington who won £100 High Gun with 69.
Hilary Hankin who won Lady High Gun with 50
Jason Cripps won Junior High Gun with 32
David Powell won R&ASC Members High Gun with 50
Mike and Jason have already collected their prizes.

Prizes for Hilary and David will be available for collection at the regular shoot on Sunday.

Massive thanks to all; however you were involved.
Martin and I are both very pleased and extremely humbled by the support shown.

The family and I attended Willowbrook Hospice Fund Raising yesterday and handed over the best part of £3,5000.
This was made up of money from the clay shoot, Paulines funeral collection and the proceeds of a just giving page.

This money will go towards the £200,000 that Willowbrook need to re-equip the four rooms that were lost during a recent flood.
Pauline made me promise that what ever happened, I would run the charity shoot. She died on Monday 15th and Martin and I ran the Charity Shoot on Sunday 21st. It was Paulines intention to visit the shoot that she had funded but never seen; sadly she never made it.

The charity shoot didn't quite run as we had wished. We hadn't planned for 3 regular ground staff being absent or 4 referees not turning up at short notice. We had far more issues with traps anyone could have planned for. Martin and I were both at Paulines bedside during the shoot on Sunday 14th. A couple of technical glitches during the shoot on the same day crept back into the charity shoot. It also transpired that most of the no birds were caused by some substandard clays were placed into some of the traps by people who knew no different and were doing their best to help out. Tommo has worked virtually none stop this week to drill down and rectify most of the issues that we experienced last Sunday. We've learned a lot; next year will be bigger and better. Yes, there will be a next year.

When Joe Johnson learned that I was short of referees he drove through the night from Perth to ref the competition. It was Joe who put up the £100 cash prize. At Paulines funeral on Tuesday Joe advised that he would do it all again, but would increase the prize fund to £500.

Willowbrook Hospice are going to adopt the Pauline Webster Memorial Shoot as one of their official events. This will enable the full force of their marketing and fundraising teams to get behind the event.

They do say that from little acorns mighty oaks do grow.

On Saturday the family will conduct the internment of Paulines ashes at Green Acres. Ironically her ashes will be in a giant Acorn shaped urn.