Replacement for cayenne?

eddoakley

Looking for suggestions please guys.

Currently drive a Porsche Cayenne 4.5 v8 and absolutely love it but just fancy a change. 

Don't have huge budget and would still like the performance if possible and am absolutely stuck for ideas.

What can I possibly buy that has the quality, performance, style and in the case of my one reliability of the old porker?

Even sacrificing some aspects I'm still at a loss as to what to replace it with.

Mrs Edd drives a very nice disco and I have my l200 for the dogs/shooting so all bases covered in terms of the job they do but I fancy a change. 

Suggestions please.....

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

1 hour ago, itchy trigger said:

AMG

Yeah, looked at a few mercs but nothing really grabbed me. Not to mention prices all seem crazy or they have clearly been thrashed.

Wouldn't rule something out if it came up though.

Have considered putting a body kit (Not a mad boy racer style just something to change the look a bit) and painting the cayenne but that looks like costing £7k!!

Edd

I have a GT 86 and love it, totally reliable and fun to drive. Some of the reviews say it is under powered in mid range but it will accelerate fine, the only place you will want more power is if you do track days. For road use there's plenty of punch to add points to your licence if not care full.

2 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

You say you don't have a huge budget.

Might help suggestions if we knew how much to spend?

:shaun:

I'm not sure to be honest. Maybe £25k but would be happy to spend less as it's not something that gets used every day.

Since suggested on here I've been looking again at the AMGs.

6.3l and 500bhp is kind of appealing! 

I prefer a bigger car rather than something with my a*^ on the floor.

Edd

On 25/08/2018 at 17:37, countryman said:

I have a GT 86 and love it, totally reliable and fun to drive. Some of the reviews say it is under powered in mid range but it will accelerate fine, the only place you will want more power is if you do track days. For road use there's plenty of punch to add points to your licence if not care full.

These are good cars indeed!

1 hour ago, eddoakley said:

Now that is cool.

I'm guessing it's sold though as no price?

I'm in no great rush and am not convinced in the Merc ml but I think it's leading if I had to choose something now.

Edd

It says £29.950

its a 2001 with nigh on 150k on the clock

:shaun:

17 hours ago, CaptainBeaky said:

I'm disappointed!

14 posts in, and no-one has yet suggested paprika... ?

Haha. Very good!

Been looking around and still can't find anything that I would swap for the Porsche (as nice as the sound of the AMG might be)

I'm in no rush and will just wait until the right thing comes along.

Edd

3 hours ago, ferguson_tom said:

BMW M5, Audi RS6, 

Not for me. Really prefer something bigger- cayenne,ml, rr sport (yes I have seen the one on here and it's very nice) disco (but already have one) or similar but I'm struggling to get past the cayenne, or at least part with a load of cash for it.

Edd