Sign in to follow this  
pin

Video Request - Crowning a pigeon

Excellent video mate, thank U very Much - It would be great if U or someone could do some videos on rabbits and squirrels ect. , they would accompany your woodie video nicely.

tMike

Hi ya,

Is the video still on here? I can't see it - all i get is an icon in the top left corner where i think it should be.

Best regards, Steve.

:good: Excellent vid ,i tried this the other week but only had the one thumb in and the breast turned to mush so left it out for the Buzzards... :good: But just out of intrest,does the blood on your hands when this is done in the field,gets on the blueing or fancey metalwork on the shottie, staine or spoil it,as my brothers shottie had his finger print on his and could not get it off for ages....

In response to to tMikes request the source .flv file is here:

****Right Click "save target as"

Crowning A Pigeon

EDR

***** PM me if you want it in other formats, DVD etc.

Excellent video :good:

Just a point for those doing it for the first time;- if your hands get clagged with feathers just rub them together for a couple of seconds and the feathers will roll up and fall off.

Well I gave it a go and Im very impressed at how quicky and easy it is. It can be a tad messy though. I will be using this method for all my pigeons in the future :good:

Good video....especially as I have just finished crowning a dozen birds out.

I plucked the breasts clear then after a small cut, opened them up from the vent end. Ended up with crowns the same as yours but with skin still on.

Will be giving your way a whirl next time out.

Sorry... I had clicked on the URL option, so that I could forward the link to someone.... That options returns an error, not the embedded version.

Ignore me. :)

I did two, the first one I persuaded her to hold the camera. She's a veggie too :) Well, she did hold the camera but when the smell of the crop opened she looked away and the camera points at the floor for 30 seconds, she realises and moves it back until I split it open and then its back pointing at the floor :good:

I put it on the tripod, those don't get squeamish.

Nice one :lol::lol:

Have you got a link? I can't view the vid as is.

Cheers

Duncan

Al Fresco Cooking Demo with Pigeon, with Dutch Chef Dennis Van Golberdinge - Wednesday 26th October, 1900 - 2100, @ No.7 Cooking Academy, Welwyn Village, AL6 9EE. Evening Includes Pigeon preparation, and different dishes, enjoy as meal afterwards, Ticket price includes a Beer or Glass of wine, soft drinks. Tickets price £25 purchase by PayPal info@no-7.co.uk. 20 places available. See you there.

Great video matey.

Soon as i had seen this I ran into the kitchen and tried it out, bout a minute later JD.

That's the way ill be doing it in future :good: :good: :good:

Is this vid still around? I was explaining it to a mate but can't find it anywhere. I'm looking for the one that just uses thumbs. No knives, no taking wings off.

Thanks.