few more days on stubble

yickdaz

as I said last week booked a few weeks off work, so packed quite a lot of shooting into it, on Thursday we shot the same field as last sat had a look at it wed and it looked good for the next day, so we met up at 11.30 and watched at 12 pm they started flighting well so we got set up for 12.30 pm wind was side on to us and quite strong they came well but we had move things around a little to fine tune how they came in by 4pm we had a good number down and I thought we might make 100 here but then the showers started had 3 heavy ones that lasted 10 mins each  so lost 30 mins shooting while it was raining final pick up at 6pm was 82 and 10 lost 

today struggled to find something worth setting up on I spotted a decent flightline over the corner of a stubble so thought well better than nothing set up on  a  ditch side again wind was side on but only place could set up slow first 2 hrs then a better 2hrs I moved to the next field over to get under a flightline for the last hr and got 15 and a magpie from that picked up 52 1 crow and a magpie1135226447_IMG_20180823_174921(600x800).jpg.3b60bceb4778d879d80183e0513ea42e.jpg172445521_IMG_20180825_184029(600x800).jpg.298de97e5ac18e6fff0611c64d981d17.jpg

Another nice couple of sessions on the stubble's yickdaz , today was a decent day weather wise , we had a couple of light showers during the afternoon  but you could see Blue sky behind the shower cloud so you knew it wasn't going to last long.

Our harvest is just a memory now with the combine now in its winter storage , we have several wheat stubble fields and a few still have the bales on but today they were carting them off while the tractors were pulling some of the stubble fields up , so I think shooting might continue for another two weeks and by then a lot of our land will be out of production as far as pigeon shooting goes due to the first day at Partridges will be just around the corner . then it will be another Summer that has come and gone .