Beretta 692 loose forend

DC_Boots

(this is a idea of how to adjust the forend catch on a Beretta 692)

After Beretta made the wonderful  682 I purchased the 692 thinking it would be the next step of the evolution. I have not been impressed with the quality of the overall Gun but biggest problem has been the forend. First of all the torx head screws that holds the mechanism into the wood came loose, I cured this by using loctite. After Shooting 200 clays over 2 days the front end became loose but this time it was the catch. There are 2 grub screws in the forend 1.5mm key. I found that loosen one and tighten the other pivots the catch. I found loosen the back one and tighten the front reduced the play between the barrel and forend. I searched the web for several days trying to find a guide on how to adjust these grub screws but found nothing. Hope this helps others.

9C1CDDD4-3859-4C69-82DE-702FC00FF538.jpeg

Thanks for posting this info have to say my 692 has been trouble free since i bought it although it doesn’t get used that much anymore. As for overall quality it doesn’t feel as solid and well balanced as my Perazzi MT6 and i would be very disappointed if it needs tweaking to sort out problems like this. 

Think i agree with Lloyd90 i would take mine back!

1 hour ago, Gunman said:

Its a 5/10 minute job . Any Beretta dealer should be able to do it while you wait . But then again I've been told I do live in a fantasy world .

No the point really is it. If your spending a few grand on a gun, you don’t expect to have to take it to various places to get it sorted, and you definitely shouldn’t be having to do it yourself. 

Imagine doing bits of work yourself could also void a warranty ... 

Point is they shouldn’t be sending them out if they aren’t good to go. 

Don't mess with it yourself. I did this with a shotgun some years ago and then the shop refused to deal with it and claimed it was because I had bu66£red it up myself.

They did eventually concede that the fault was with the fore-end latch that had been filed away to almost nothing at the factory. The fact that the factory bluing was still covering everything proved it wasn't me that had done the damage, but it was still a bit of a problem.

Take it back and make them do the chasing around.

I agree with above. Take it back.

The 692 forend is different from 682/687/686 guns because it has a spring biased self tensioning gizmo, so the usual gunsmiths trick of taking a hammer to the barrel lug won't fix it permanently, if at all. FWIW Beretta copied the basic idea from Fabarm but didn't do a very good job. My SV10 had the same cack mechanism.