Heads Up

billytheghillie

just caught the last 5 mins, so I'll watch it on catch up.

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

An interesting programme, why did the Father shoot the stag rather than the boy?

Imagine the lad had messed the shot up under pressure knowing he was being filmed 

12 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

An interesting programme, why did the Father shoot the stag rather than the boy?

I think the wind was a bit strong , the lad would have enough pressure being his first with out a film crew behind him ..unbiased program , must be a first for the BBC ..

8 minutes ago, moose man said:

I think the wind was a bit strong , the lad would have enough pressure being his first with out a film crew behind him ..unbiased program , must be a first for the BBC ..

Okay, that makes sense.

A very watchable programme.

Would be nice to see a follow up and perhaps the Country File Fluffy Farming Show might take notes about how to show off our wonderful countryside!

hello, i got the feeling his son was not quite ready for his first deer shot, it is i would say far more important to get right over a 100 yard target, i would say also he does not seem to have a set view on following dad into this way of life, you have children but you cannot live their life, still only 15 plenty of time to decide ones future.

1 hour ago, old man said:

I thought it highly sanitised in the line of countrybile.

Thats how it's done on true sporting estates, so IMO it was fairly accurate. Achnacarry is a traditional old money sporting estate the ground of which has been in the same family since the late middle ages, it's also one of the largest. 

The lad will end up following his dad, once the old man gets too old the boy'll step up. His apathy & ambivalence is the norm for someone his age in that position. 

As to the shot, conditions wouldn't allow them to get close enough for the lad so his old boy took it. Nothing more to it than that.