Dive tank fill

busa2003

Do you mean it won't fill at all, or it won't fill to full pressure?

Empty the gun completely (down to 0 bar, not just lower than full power pressure) then fill as per usual. There will be air in it to get it up to some kind of pressure. If it's not filling at all, then it sounds like a stuck valve and the gun's just not accepting any air.

Last time you filled it, was it uncharacteristically slow getting up to full pressure? That's an indicator that pressure is low in the dive bottle, as is filling a bit but not being able to get it up to whatever is your max working pressure. 

Edited by chrisjpainter

2 hours ago, busa2003 said:

Cheers Chris,

sounds like it could be the valve then. Will have a fiddle.

cheers

Should have said, check it's not the bottle. As long as the bottle is releasing air, you can discount that, so hold the connecting tube tight and release the tap slowly to make sure air is coming out. That'll rule out the bottle being at fault.

Sportsbob beat me to it. If you are using Best fittings bits they make a quick connect plug that you can leave in the whip. Close off the bleed valve and open up the main valve and the bottle gauge will tell you what pressure you have remaining. 

From the symptoms in your OP I might suggest it’s the inlet valve of your PCP that is the issue but my guess is that you have now worked that out?