Complete refurb of shotgun

eddoakley

Who would you guys suggest to refurb an old sxs?

I have a H&H Dominion that's sat in the cabinet for a while and before offering it for sale I'm thinking that it might benefit from a complete refurb.

It's in good usable condition and as it is I value it at around £1600, if fully restored I'm thinking £3000 would be cheap so that leaves me what I would think to be a healthy budget to have it blued/blacked, the woodwork stripped and oiled and maybe even a service.

So who (hopefully someone on here) could do the job?

Thanks

Edd

When and if you have the work done and I would PM my recommendations , please consider this .

The English gun market is very slow and depressed so check your valuations very carefully .Also .

1 You will never make it look like new without spending far more than you could ever hope to get back , even then its questionable .

2  I have done many  hundreds of "do ups" in my working life ,it was always my intention to have the finished job make the gun look as if it had been used but well looked after /maintained and cared for rather than one that had been "done up ".Be it a non ejector A&D or a Purdey ,Boss or Holland .

3 Over doing it will make it look like a spiffed up old dog and will actually devalue it .

4 Discuss with who ever you choose to do the work as to what you want , what is feasible and what is possible  and set yourself a budget .

5 Dont polish the action bright over polish the wood and do not have the checkering re-cut to deep or sharp , black only parts that would have been blacked originally ie not the trigger plate ,triggers and forend iron . I say this because the second hand market is flooded , so as much originality as possible can be key to a sale .