Audi Q7

harrycatcat1

Has anyone got one and can you confirm the mpg please?

I have just been reading a report in the september 2018 what car and they are saying all sorts of good stuff about it, economical and reliable etc compared to Touareg. I looked on Autotrader an they reckon 40+ mpg on a run and the newer model 50+ Can these figures be correct? 3litre engine?

Screenshot_20180827-190444.jpg

14 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

I’ve got a 2013 Q5 with 3ltr v6 diesel and it’s returning 34.3mpg on average over the last 30k miles! Book says it would average 47!! 

Mmmm what do they say?

"If it sounds too good to be true it probably won't be " I think I would have liked to have believed it did 50mpg lol.

5 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

Agreed, especially with the Quattro too. Still hurts when you see how much it costs to run though! 

Has it had any major breakdowns or is it just general maintenance costs?

Does it use a lot of engine oil?

Both Mercs I've had over 200, 000 miles between them I've never had to top the oil up between services.

No major breakdowns but watch out for gearbox problems. It seems to eat brakes but that could be because it’s my first auto box, it’s pretty heavy and it’s not slow!! I’ve never had to top up anything other than washer fluid on it. 

I found it runs better on 18inch wheels instead of 20’s. it seemed to “tramline” on the bigger wider tyres, no such issue with the 18’s.

10 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

No major breakdowns but watch out for gearbox problems. It seems to eat brakes but that could be because it’s my first auto box, it’s pretty heavy and it’s not slow!! I’ve never had to top up anything other than washer fluid on it. 

I found it runs better on 18inch wheels instead of 20’s. it seemed to “tramline” on the bigger wider tyres, no such issue with the 18’s.

Thanks ?

• 3 weeks later...

I run one on and off road I get 35.6 mpg average it gets up to 39 on a good motorway run it can drop to mid 20s if pushing it hard.   One major break down when Audi body shop cooked some sensors in dpf area in a spry booth fix by them foc in the end.  

SLine road tyres don’t last long but replaced the with grabbers and they last ages 50,000 miles.  

On 15/09/2018 at 23:53, welshwarrior said:

I run one on and off road I get 35.6 mpg average it gets up to 39 on a good motorway run it can drop to mid 20s if pushing it hard.   One major break down when Audi body shop cooked some sensors in dpf area in a spry booth fix by them foc in the end.  

SLine road tyres don’t last long but replaced the with grabbers and they last ages 50,000 miles.  

Thanks 👍