Winchester SX3 & SX4

CThomas

Evening Guys,

I'm in the market for a semi auto, at the game fair i shot the new winchester SX4 and got on with it immediately.

after doing a lot of reading the general consensus seems to be that SX3 is a better gun. My question being is the SX3 ergonomically identical to the SX4? 

i know for sure the SX4 is a good fit for me and don't really want to buy an SX3 to find out its a poor fit.

any advice on the matter will be greatly received.

I've the SX3   and the maxus both good guns and used to have a Benelli montefeltro which was good also

Beretta and Benelli are both getting a bit pricey

Looked into the SX4  Apparently from gun reviews i read they seem to have moved the weight forward making them more muzzle heavy which is'nt what you want with a semi

But only you can choose which gun fits you best 

As said try a few guns

• 2 weeks later...

They are more or less identical. Sx4 has the in vogue upgrades, big controls (plus a cocking lever which regularly goes AWOL). It is cheaper too. SX3 is pricier, but solid and reliable. 

I'll level with you here, I have an SX3. I was excited about the sx4. But was disappointed. The sx4 isn't an improvement in my eyes. So I'll be sticking with the SX3. 

I waxed lyrical about my SX3 when l purchased it and it was good, fast, accurate and light to carry and shoot, and then 😱.

lt refused to fire, eject, recycle, broke, it went back to BWM on more than one occasion.

The last time it was returned with a glowing report from BWM on how it shot everything they put through it and it was the dog's.

Took it out loaded it with greeeeet expectations and it went BANG, it didn't eject just locked solid AGAIN, oh dear.

Well l was so happy with this that l returned home collected all the associated bits, box and all and returned it to the dealer l had purchased it from, fair dues to them l was given a full refund, this after 2 years to the day of purchase, thank you and you can't get better than that from a dealer can you.

l'm now shooting full time with my old over/under Russian Purdy aka Baikal, Pigeons, Clays, and anything else that sits up and is legal to shoot.

Would l purchase another semi auto, not as long as l have a hole in my rrrr's, and certainly not one from the aforementioned.

Buyer beware is all l can say.

On 10/09/2018 at 19:00, Pigeon Shredder. said:

I waxed lyrical about my SX3 when l purchased it and it was good, fast, accurate and light to carry and shoot, and then 😱.

lt refused to fire, eject, recycle, broke, it went back to BWM on more than one occasion.

The last time it was returned with a glowing report from BWM on how it shot everything they put through it and it was the dog's.

Took it out loaded it with greeeeet expectations and it went BANG, it didn't eject just locked solid AGAIN, oh dear.

Well l was so happy with this that l returned home collected all the associated bits, box and all and returned it to the dealer l had purchased it from, fair dues to them l was given a full refund, this after 2 years to the day of purchase, thank you and you can't get better than that from a dealer can you.

l'm now shooting full time with my old over/under Russian Purdy aka Baikal, Pigeons, Clays, and anything else that sits up and is legal to shoot.

Would l purchase another semi auto, not as long as l have a hole in my rrrr's, and certainly not one from the aforementioned.

Buyer beware is all l can say.

I had a sx3 about 2 years had a brocken pin happen twice on the bolt slide and jam solid lost Hart with it traded it in for a new berrtta A400 xplor over 2000 cartridges in and been faultless

On 15/09/2018 at 18:48, db135 said:

I had a sx3 about 2 years had a brocken pin happen twice on the bolt slide and jam solid lost Hart with it traded it in for a new berrtta A400 xplor over 2000 cartridges in and been faultless

I suppose this just emphasises the fact you take them as you find them. I have 3000 thousand rounds through my SX3 and had 1 ejection problem in that time, which after investigation, was my fault. Keep it clean and feed it the correct size carts and, in my experience, she'll be grand.