What Breakdown Service Would You Recommend ?

marsh man

Hi .... My good lady is going to treat me to join a breakdown service such as the A A , can you recommend one please as I have never been a member of any of them before now .

THANKS.

14 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Hi .... My good lady is going to treat me to join a breakdown service such as the A A , can you recommend one please as I have never been a member of any of them before now .

THANKS.

Hi MM is this for a car or for yourself..AA might be useful for some of us after reading the drinking thread

2 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Hi MM is this for a car or for yourself..AA might be useful for some of us after reading the drinking thread

Apart from a pint of shandy on the Norwich W A meeting night the rest of the year I am dry ?, although I do get through several bottles of Lucozade to keep my energy levels up .

YES it definitely is for the car :lol:

17 minutes ago, Flyboy1950 said:

I have used Auto aid for many years and found them to be excellent when needed. Same conditions as the Big boys but far cheaper. Covers the car not the driver so the other half is also covered.

FB

A good point, both the wife and I have personal cover with Green Flag, so we are covered whichever vehicle we are in.

THANKS for the very quick response , you guys are like the forth emergency service , always on time and completely reliable .           Regards  MM

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A good point, both the wife and I have personal cover with Green Flag, so we are covered whichever vehicle we are in.

I am the only driver in the household and only have one car .             

3 minutes ago, marsh man said:

THANKS for the very quick response , you guys are like the forth emergency service , always on time and completely reliable .           Regards  MM

I am the only driver in the household and only have one car .             

But do you ever go in someone else's car as a passenger?

I have been out in a car that lost its gearbox and it was recovered on my membership. Very useful and worth considering.

I have been with Green Flag for many years and have the top cover without Europe, so am covered for whatever car I am in. Have been very pleased with their service BUT on a couple of recent calls they were not as sharp as usual and instead of no argument take you where you want to go and garage next day, now get all quiblyy about where and how they can handle the situiation.  Their call centre is no where near as good as it used to be. I wrote to them and told them to cut the background noise out as sat on the side of a duel carriageway it is not always the easiest place to hear what is said anyway. Their old "be with you in an hour or else" has also vanished and last time waited almost two hours.  The crews who do turn out have always, well all but one, been top class. The bad one smoked solidly for the 45 minutes it took to get to a service area where he unloaded us and reloaded onto another truck ...something about his hours but probably had to go buy some more fags.  I am still with them to this day.

Edited by Walker570

where do you shop or bank? Quite often you can get good deals through them, we've had RAC with Tesco club card points before, like most things if you just let the second year auto renew the price jumps up, we just swap about each year depending on price.

I was with the AA my mother used to buy it for my Birthday present then one year they said my wife wasn't on it as my mother had removed her , my mother only ever paid the renewal , so i went to green flag and never had a problem , if your insured threw direct line you get a discount 

I was with AA Breakdown years ago, my series 11A broke a valve pushrod in Devon, including waiting around time, it took 12 hrs for them to get us home to the midlands!.....that was by three or four stops and three or four different recovery vehicles! It was called "AA Relay" nightmare! I joined the RAC.......lately moved to green flag as it was considerably cheaper for an, at least equal service!

We have our Nissan and Volvo services at main dealers in Norwich and as part of that we receive European wide breakdown cover- on so we pay more for servicing but having had troubles with ‘independents’ we have switched back.

Holden in Norwich are the Renault/Volvo and Honda dealers so maybe give them a call and have a day out in Norwich whilst the car gets its ‘squeaky’ pedal sorted