Few pics,rabbits,pigeons,rut,stags.

sako751sg

Roe rut finished but been superb with 14 grassed and most action for many years.

Was slowish but then had a weekend of thunder and lightening and it was constant from then.

Plenty red showing and have had a couple and with the rut just around the corner looking forward to it.

Couple of gigs with the old fella on the pigeons and rabbits and exceptional sport and crack.Really need to get on top of the rabbits and had an all nighter last week with 230 in the back but would have had 300+ but plenty were kicking back underground.

zR3zLN3.jpg

6eemipJ.jpg

UN9spZl.jpg

NY0gpRx.jpg

xFWCQPd.jpg

BwlZVJv.jpg

ZpByS9U.jpg

nG9lZkg.jpg

irDHKoK.jpg

nLHMFY5.jpg

FzF4XYP.jpg

R29CjlV.jpg

aN1s4Ml.jpg

fhS8TK2.jpg

MLsZOMu.jpg

TDHZ75c.jpg

mUo8h0s.jpg

pgozICW.jpg

eOIOhmy.jpg

mI0RCkJ.jpg

9sblQHI.jpg

Pdy4IPD.jpg

oV9BnxB.jpg

YY6ulLN.jpg

14 hours ago, wisdom said:

Great pics.

Thanks for sharing them.lightning one is brilliant.

Cheers bud,it went on for hours non stop and the roe were acting no different from normal.

14 hours ago, reggiegun said:

Great photo's

Ta fella.

14 hours ago, GREENGRASS said:

Great set of images Sako especially the lighting..

Your hound gets a good work out retrieving those rabbits.

GG :good:

Cheers GG.

Was out in the thunder and lightening for around 6 hours and very interesting to see it didnt make any difference to the roe.Always thought they would take cover in it but no fear at all from it.

The wee dog was done in by the time we left.Had planned on a pic with them all set out but the heavens opened when we were picking up but the wee fella was still half way down the holes trying to pull them out.Be lost without him.

13 hours ago, telf said:

Cracking pics again sir

Ta fella.

13 hours ago, marsh man said:

Brilliant photos , THANKS for sharing .

Cheers MM,glad you like.

12 hours ago, islandgun said:

great stuff, you spend a lot of time looking through a lens,  of one sort or another

For sure fella,and enjoy both kinds.

Mess up a lot of stalks trying to get some pics but they will be there another day.

12 hours ago, rich1984 said:

Lovely pictures !

Ta Rich.

12 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Brilliant pictures...love the lightening but the pair of antlers just protruding above the corn echo the story of my life:sad1:.

Cheers fella.

Had seen him most mornings for a month or two and stalked into him one morning he was lying down.Got within 30ish metres,got a pic,and then retreated.When i want to shoot him i probably wont get within 300m!

12 hours ago, 7daysinaweek said:

Fantastic picks of the deer,  my favourite ,the one of good old Hartley hare.

Can see the damage that them bunters have done but it appears that you are getting on top of them with bags like that.

atb

7diaw

Cheers bud.

Very lucky to have big numbers of hares and glad of it.Didnt shoot one for probably 20ish years but now take the odd one or two if someone wants for the pot.

Rabbit damage is immense and be a while before we get on top of them.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

A lot of work there and some very nice animals. ?

A lot of work but outweighed by the pleasure im sure.Good companys a bonus too.

Some crackers there Dave..

im out this Thursday try get another buck, seems that a few older bucks come back to my land after the rut, I think the fitter ones push them out for a week or two..also last years kids seem to appear after being pushed away by the doe’s...

good doo on the rabbits, I’ve just started seeing them on one area up here so looks like they are re-appearing after VHD wiped them out for 3 years...

6 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Top pics as usual. There will be more of them when that new night vision arrives??

Cheers bud.

Heres hoping we make a dent in them,seeing them in the dark through the thermal gives a real idea of numbers and there were way too much.

6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

As already said Dave , pics are brilliant as per usual. Roe ring and lightning are great. Some really nice bucks up there . I have seen some huge rabbit warrens in my time but that one takes some beating.

Cheers Mark.

Had a couple of real old beasts on Sunday morning so should be about finished on them now.Warren is some size right enough.

2 hours ago, Archie-fox said:

Some crackers there Dave..

im out this Thursday try get another buck, seems that a few older bucks come back to my land after the rut, I think the fitter ones push them out for a week or two..also last years kids seem to appear after being pushed away by the doe’s...

good doo on the rabbits, I’ve just started seeing them on one area up here so looks like they are re-appearing after VHD wiped them out for 3 years...

Ta Rich.

I had 2 old lads Sunday morning that had reapeared after a good while so should be finished.

Most of our places are seeing an improvement but will take a while to get to big numbers.This place is the exception and has by and large escaped disease free.

On 29/08/2018 at 04:23, Mice! said:

Some brilliant photos there, i don't think i would have fancied trying to ferret those warrens, they are massive.

Not seeing any rabbits near me, normally a few about but nothing for a while now.

Ta fella.

There are plenty of bits with 3-6 holes out in the parks and would be ideal for the ferrets but as you say the main warrens would be a pure mare.

The lad from next door has said its fine to do his wee bit too which had over 250 in the one wee field so will get the NV set up and hopefully have a night next week.