17 HMR Scope with side focus

Lloyd90

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have Hawke Airmax scopes with side focus and they are superb. Illuminated reticule but of course if your putting on night vision that would not be required.  One on my 17HMR and one one ach of my air rifles. Cannot fault them.

Those the ones with the 30mm tube? 

26 minutes ago, Lloyd90 said:

Those the ones with the 30mm tube? 

Yep.  The one on my AA S200 PCP is the 8x24X50.  The only thing I wish they had was an automatic switch off for the reticule becaue I am terrible for forgetting to turn it off and cost me a fortune in batteries:no::/:sad1: but a great scope.

The one on my 17HMR is the 3 -12 X 50

I also have an Endurance with 1 inch tube side adjustment wheel 6-18 x 50 on my TX200 ...all do the job in spades.

Edited by Walker570

12 hours ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

I'm using a Vortex Diamondback HP 4 - 16 X 42 SF on my HMR, the light gathering is immense and the SF is a joy to use.

Got mine from Optics Warehouse.

I use to be a big Hawke fan. However since purchasing a Vortex completly converted the light gathering is stunning I have estimated it gives me abot 15 mins extra at half light above the Hawke. Now it could just be my eye, but I am seriously impressed by ther optics and build quality.

12 hours ago, Esca said:

I use to be a big Hawke fan. However since purchasing a Vortex completly converted the light gathering is stunning I have estimated it gives me abot 15 mins extra at half light above the Hawke. Now it could just be my eye, but I am seriously impressed by ther optics and build quality.

I've heard due to the coatings they don't work we with add ons, same of the majority of high end scopes. Lloyd, Hawke or mtc 

It's also useful to have the sunshade to protect against IR glare and keep rain off the objective when in use together with the cover for walking. Also the large focus ring on the Hawke is handy at night for quick use. These extra's come with the sidewinder, not sure about with the other scopes. 

Also in my view is a max base mag of 4x and even lower is better for picking up the target. Not so critical if you are spotting with a lamp but with thermal a wide fov will make a big difference.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

It's also useful to have the sunshade to protect against IR glare and keep rain off the objective when in use together with the cover for walking. Also the large focus ring on the Hawke is handy at night for quick use. These extra's come with the sidewinder, not sure about with the other scopes. 

Also in my view is a max base mag of 4x and even lower is better for picking up the target. Not so critical if you are spotting with a lamp but with thermal a wide fov will make a big difference.

Been offered a 3-12x50 side winder on FB for £250 ?

Also have the option for a Hawke Vantage 4-16x44. 

Is there going to be much much difference between a 44mm and 50mm exit diameter? The 50mm is £60 more ?

Edited by Lloyd90

5 hours ago, Longstrider said:

I've got one of these stuck on my .204.  https://www.uttings.co.uk/p121304-hawke-vantage-6-24x44-sf-rifle-scope/#.W4kpMcInaUk

Half mil dots accurate at 10x, which means accurate dotting at 20x as well. Very happy with the scope.

Yes although I Think the lower mags are better for NV use? 

Also offered an Aztec Diamond 3-18x50 - £270

3 hours ago, Blacknsilver said:

If you buy 2nd hand the warranty is not valid. It’s only for the original purchaser. 

Which night vision add on have you bought?

the Sightron S-tac is a cracking scope with the NV add on. Especially the Ward 700-800

An Addonight mate. Clips onto the end of the scope :)