Melting Airgun pellets for Lead Shot

Can you guys tell me if Airgun pellets are suitable for melting down to make lead shot from.

I have several kilos that have accumulated over time and have started to reload my 410 so if possible would like to make use of them, only use this for ratting and squirrel at close range so nothing too technical required.

if suitable and not too soft then I shall be on the look out for a shot maker...

Is airgun pellet scrap useable , yes.

Is it cost effective for a few lbs no, but if you are looking to get into pellet making, there are worse places to start but be warned most shotmakers require at least 3kg before they start to work reliably.

See how you get on making ingots (cleaning up your collected pellets) before getting into the pelket makung proper.

If you want to make shot for reloading your .410 go for it but you will need more lead. The pellets if used or old will have a lot of oxide on them so wont return the same weight as you will need to remove the scum from the molten lead. Buying shot in sizes you want is probably your best option to start reloading.