Wasps

Mice!

Clever beasts insects aren't they, these wasps are probably two or three feet from our patio, not bothered us as yet, the kids and visitors know they are they and stay away from that little bit of the garden, but look what they have done to make coming and going easier.

WP_20180831_17_51_41_Pro.jpg.2a99db4ef0c1f65c2a942a5be81f81ed.jpg

They have chewed all the geranium back so they can fly in and out!!

WP_20180831_17_51_50_Pro.jpg.aa42a134d75b03cd5a6afdced353d877.jpg

17 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Is this in the ground ?  If so nice and handy to pour in a pint of petrol and strike a match. Done it many times . I tape a coke can to a long stick to pour the petrol. A line prop will do fine and then attach a bit of paper to light it. 

Wife did the same to a nest here last year although it may have been two stroke or diesel. Get them now before they are under the roof next year then in the log store, the garage, the shed.....

Did the same to one a few years ago in a log pile. Left it to long between pouring and lighting (half gallon) I lit it from a peak, still to close the whole wood pile went up. chumps going everywhere, burnt eyebrows looked like the pond was on fire with the vapour seeping across it as well as the ground all around. won't be doing that again.

7 hours ago, WelshMike said:

Wish I could find some more of the wasp nests at home..managed to kill 3 so far but there are a couple left.. Im a beekeeper so have a wasp prejudice (a well deserved one though)..horrible little blighters. 

Interesting pic though 

I noticed another in a conifer next door, same thing looks like a hole has been chewed to make an entrance, possibly used to be a hole from a blackbird, I'm not putting my face in to find out.

3 hours ago, tonker said:

Did the same to one a few years ago in a log pile. Left it to long between pouring and lighting (half gallon) I lit it from a peak, still to close the whole wood pile went up. chumps going everywhere, burnt eyebrows looked like the pond was on fire with the vapour seeping across it as well as the ground all around. won't be doing that again.

Not far from next doors garage!! If i have to think I'll flood it not burn it.