20 bore cartridges required Colchester/ Cambridge

Bobby199

Hello, 

I am after some 20gague empties close to Colchester (I am near Marks Tey).

I have seen plenty of these cartridge cuffliks in the past but never liked the fact that they use the full length of the brass and so stick out, pull on your cuff and just look naff. So The other day I made some of my own and think they have turned out rather well. I will 24ct Gold plate them when the solution arrives (I worked at a small family run jewlers as a Saturday job at Uni so know I can do a good job of this!).

I shoot myself but not 20gague which is a nice size for them, so would really appreciate someone helping me out with some non rusty empties. I am sure I could send a pair of cufflinks back your way ?

I have recently graduated from Uni with a good degree (2:1 in History from Bangor with lots of academic internships and other interesting bits such as farming and the Army Rezerves) but have had no response whatsoever from graduate jobs. I am not lazy so have been working hard doing menial work but I don’t feel bad saying I have skills that are just wasted there. I would like to move on one day, might as well start somewhere! So I thought with Christmas comeing up I would see if pepole could give some constructive criticism and might be interested in these cufflinks?!

I was thinking £20 a pair posted

£15 a pair non gold plated.

I was also thinking if pepole had a particularly memorable day etc. I could make them with there cartridges if they posted them to me (I could also do this with 12ga and .410 and will try with a .308 over the weekend to see if I could do this with rifle brass).

I have looked at boxes but all are rather expensive (I have spoken to my ex employer and they agree that they just are not cheap!) so I was thinking of supplying boxes if pepole would like at cost ?

I would really apreceate any advice on what you chaps think ?

Many Thanks, 

James

9EC79641-36FF-4D00-A7BB-9EEDAD7921C3.jpeg

ADC74775-BE16-48C1-B35D-7B6441261016.jpeg

CA5EC00E-3D2D-49CA-AAEB-506CB0204C9B.jpeg.0e4c49b9d19d35fb923c8c4d5cb9426b.jpeg

Edited by Bobby199
Missed photo

Thank You Walker,

Perhaps I am unusual as a 22yo that I wear them the whole time, and usually dress smartly.

However I agree,  I doubt I will be selling hundreds! But three pairs equals a days pay for me at the moment and I would much rather do this, something worthwhile for a day or two a week ? even if it doesn’t completely replace other things. 

As for outlay, the gold plating is not insignificant, but also not prohibitory. otherwise it is postage, backs and my time... if I can make them in about two hours a pair than I am all good ? it’s a nicer way of trading my time for money than flipping burgers! 

I am not poo pooing your response, I agree but anything is better than nothing ?

(please see the edited section I have added regarding ones own cartridges and the new photo)

Hello, 

I am after some 20gague empties close to Colchester (I am near Marks Tey).

I have seen plenty of these cartridge cuffliks in the past but never liked the fact that they use the full length of the brass and so stick out, pull on your cuff and just look naff. So The other day I made some of my own and think they have turned out rather well. I will 24ct Gold plate them when the solution arrives (I worked at a small family run jewlers as a Saturday job at Uni so know I can do a good job of this!).

I shoot myself but not 20gague which is a nice size for them, so would really appreciate someone helping me out with some non rusty empties. I am sure I could send a pair of cufflinks back your way ?

I have recently graduated from Uni with a good degree (2:1 in History from Bangor with lots of academic internships and other interesting bits such as farming and the Army Rezerves) but have had no response whatsoever from graduate jobs. I am not lazy so have been working hard doing menial work but I don’t feel bad saying I have skills that are just wasted there. I would like to move on one day, might as well start somewhere! So I thought with Christmas comeing up I would see if pepole could give some constructive criticism and might be interested in these cufflinks?!

I was thinking £20 a pair posted

£15 a pair non gold plated.

I was also thinking if pepole had a particularly memorable day etc. I could make them with there cartridges if they posted them to me (I could also do this with 12ga and .410 and will try with a .308 over the weekend to see if I could do this with rifle brass).

I have looked at boxes but all are rather expensive (I have spoken to my ex employer and they agree that they just are not cheap!) so I was thinking of supplying boxes if pepole would like at cost ?

I would really apreceate any advice on what you chaps think ?

Many Thanks, 

James

A561AC21-F4A2-46BF-94E9-0524DBEF72E1.thumb.jpeg.9a1a396858d860b1cc7fddae493336c4.jpeg

D65C13C4-B8E5-41AE-B8E7-E85BD1E79EA4.jpeg.98643396f309cd8850b0a1625e0325ae.jpeg

Edited by Bobby199

21 hours ago, Bobby199 said:

Thank You Walker,

Perhaps I am unusual as a 22yo that I wear them the whole time, and usually dress smartly.

However I agree,  I doubt I will be selling hundreds! But three pairs equals a days pay for me at the moment and I would much rather do this, something worthwhile for a day or two a week ? even if it doesn’t completely replace other things. 

As for outlay, the gold plating is not insignificant, but also not prohibitory. otherwise it is postage, backs and my time... if I can make them in about two hours a pair than I am all good ? it’s a nicer way of trading my time for money than flipping burgers! 

I am not poo pooing your response, I agree but anything is better than nothing ?

(please see the edited section I have added regarding ones own cartridges and the new photo)

As I said I admire your industry and agree wholeheartedly with having a go and wish you well and great success.  You always need a doom merchant to bring you down to earth sometimes.

Been there a number of times.  Had a business man once give me a bit of advice ...

" Sell to the masses and eat with the classes, sell to the classes and you'll eat alone."

Edited by Walker570

They look like a well-finished product, I think it's definitely worth giving the enterprise a go. Perhaps not viable as a full time job but could be a nice earner on the side. Number one concern would likely be the competition- there are quite a few companies who make these already. I was at a game fair this year and saw probably three different sellers. If you can find demand locally/on forums however then I'm sure people would be keen to support you over a business they have no connection to. Bit of research into what is already available might give you some ideas on how to get the edge over them! 

Good luck!

Thank You. 

What I couldn’t find when I looked as a consumer myself was the flat profile such as I have made.

As for advertising I was thinking Facebook country pages/ buy&sell pages and the likes of Pigeonwatch see where interest is! 

Thank you for your comments.

James

• 1 month later...

I would like to say that I`ve just received a pair of cufflinks from Bobby199 having previously sent him some used 20g cartridges, so my pair are as used in my own gun, making them somewhat special. I am absolutely delighted with them and must add that the photos don`t do them justice. They look far better `in the flesh` and are most beautifully produced and finished. So thanks Bobby199.

I admire his enterprise in this venture and wish him well.

Definitely one to put on your Xmas list from your other half !!

OB

Thank you very much Old Boggy. It was very kind of you to send me the cartridges to get me off the ground, and so was the least I could do! 

I am more than happy to do the same for anyone else with there own cartridges at no extra cost 😊 and I can Gold/ Silver plate aswell. 

My thanks Again to this 5* PW member OB

30311B34-C0EA-4D76-969A-A7180341987B.jpeg