243 variation dsc

Rst1990

Follow up from what has happened.......

i called my Feo and asked him to take my variation off hold and to carry forward with the process, I also told him that I have spoken to basc and considering I already own a centrefire (223) for x amount of time, myself and basc would consider myself a safe shot.

if I am to be refused I would like it in writing so I can then forward on to basc legal department.

all went down well and my Feo was a really nice guy about it all, I can’t fault him one bit really as he is only doing what he is told to do.

its been a week so far so how long I have to wait I don’t know.

thanks for all your input, I shall keep you in the loop.

After reading some of the silly things people get told by feo's I'd ask for any and every negative response to be qualified in writing giving feo name and reasons for a negative response. When pushed to stand by their personal or perceived beliefs that you can't have a certain caliber it puts them on the spot. 

Having to explain to the Chief Constable every time they are named in every letter he gets from BASC (for example) will get wearing after a while, both for the CC and the feo. 

You pay your subs use the service. 

12 hours ago, Rst1990 said:

Follow up from what has happened.......

i called my Feo and asked him to take my variation off hold and to carry forward with the process, I also told him that I have spoken to basc and considering I already own a centrefire (223) for x amount of time, myself and basc would consider myself a safe shot.

if I am to be refused I would like it in writing so I can then forward on to basc legal department.

all went down well and my Feo was a really nice guy about it all, I can’t fault him one bit really as he is only doing what he is told to do.

its been a week so far so how long I have to wait I don’t know.

thanks for all your input, I shall keep you in the loop.

Thanks for the update. 

Hopefully what unfolds is the arrival of your certificate, as requested in the post and no more questions asked!

14 hours ago, Rst1990 said:

Well........... I arrived home this evening To see the post on the mat containing my certificate, checked it out and all is good.

243 granted with no conditions attached.

Not shore what changed there minds ??? 

I tell you what changed there minds the very fact that you are in the right and they was in the wrong and you challenged them well don